• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Pics - Always in development

Last edited:
About 6 weeks. Any comments please?

806small.jpg

Missed this journal til now :oops:

Really liked your progress report with the low cost tank (though I could've used a few more photos ;))

I'm guessing this is a new (Dennerle) tank

I like the contrasts in leaf shapes - obviously needs to grow in through the back (some tall stems back there I assume?)
The wood is too centred for me but again I suspect it will look less so as the plants grow in (& it may be a photo artefact)

Would you list tank & plant details - I always like to read those ... going back to Amano's Nature Aquarium books I suppose

Missed this journal til now :oops:

Really liked your progress report with the low cost tank (though I could've used a few more photos ;))

I'm guessing this is a new (Dennerle) tank

I like the contrasts in leaf shapes - obviously needs to grow in through the back (some tall stems back there I assume?)
The wood is too centred for me but again I suspect it will look less so as the plants grow in (& it may be a photo artefact)

Would you list tank & plant details - I always like to read those ... going back to Amano's Nature Aquarium books I suppose
Yep, this is an dennerle Scapers tank and here are the specs;
Tank: (45x35x31) 50 liters (Dennerle Scapers Tank)
Filter: Eheim Xperience 150
Lighting: Chihiros RGB45 (1850 lumen)
Co2: presurised - 25ppm
Diffuser: inline
Heater: Dennerle Nano compact - 25 degrees
Substrate: ADA Amazonia Powder
Hardscape: spider wood, grey rock
Chihiros 3rd Generation
Ferts: lean dose ADA diy

The wood is indeed centered, but I did so on purpose.
The back has to start to grow in with stems and I want to make an sort of convex shape by trimming the stems. But you won't see much of the wood as the tank will mature.

Here's a pic of the plants I used
122404592.jpg

Fantastic detail

Dennerle potted plants? - plants look in excellent condition

No, those plants are a local brand.
There's a nursery nearby where I can select the best quality myself.:thumbup: So I'm very fortunate

Looks like excellent trimming on the fissidens

Oddly the video generated an error - must view at Youtube

Reactions: Cor
You might have fun first playing around with trimming and lesser hardscape changes :)

I always go though “hate” phases with my tanks :p
I’d just done a rescape I was fairly pleased with, then saw OK’s amazing scape for the Felix Video and instantly hated my tank .... despite realizing that OK’s scape and tank size are really only suitable for the baby altums pictured, the photography makes it seem an amazing environment

Sweet Scape. Maybe try a white/foggy film background. They're a lot more minimal and less distracting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it does look great but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that... just wondering if it would be possible to try and save the carpet in a scape like this? Would you be able to peel it off like a strip of grass?

I agree, it does look great but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that... just wondering if it would be possible to try and save the carpet in a scape like this? Would you be able to peel it off like a strip of grass?
I think it is possible because I managed to get it out as one piece. :thumbup:
It does give a lot of mess because a lot of soil sticks in the roots and that gives a lot of residu and muddy water when relocating.

Perhaps you could wash out first before replacemend, so I think it's possible to save a carpet

Update: I'm not happy with the results, so gonna tear it down soon. :meh: Up to a new project:thumbup:
Looks fine to me also, and you obviously can grow plants. I'm sure your new scape will be just as good, if not better. So onward and upward ;)

Back