• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NACD Nature Aquarium

f84085e95893a383d0b7f9bb1545fa80.jpg
102430cb288061389f9a647fcdd5fd80.jpg
389cb1fc7623858015c7be4c0f4349fe.jpg
1963eebf5ecac777e9527943135df6e4.jpg

More tweaks and different angles!

I've made my decision not to go with the sand as Im so fond of a lush green carpet (You can say 'I told you so' when I moan about how difficult it is to trim haha!)

I wish I had everything now to get up and running, good things come to those who wait in this hobby however :D

I'll update when I have the filter, light, stand etc.

For now, cheers guys,
R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

just my 2 cents:

-Careful to not dig the stones that deep in the substrate because the carpet will hide them quickly.
-you could add one stone one the back (drawned it in red), to get more depth and better focal point
181128085907631594.jpg

last one: good luck with trimming! :D;)

Thanks for the tips cookies!

Added a stone at the back, indeed it does look better.

Lifted all the stones a little, when the carpet grows in I'll be doing my best to keep the rocks visible!
3d21f7ef8028c8b61e09c05693f2e72c.jpg

P.S unfortunately the friend I had building me an ada style cabinet is loaded with work and hasn't the time to build it and I simply do not have the resources to do it myself :(

So...

I've just ordered a simple stand online nothing special, I'm not too fussed about the stand as the tank will be in my room and not for 'Display' as such.

It's an open stand with no doors, noise from the filter won't bother me either ( I used to own an APS filter that sounded like a lawnmower and that never bothered me!)

Here's a pic:
055cc829a514629eda3cb29b18ba25b0.jpg

Cheers,
R

looks great! the spiderwood on the RHS throws me off a bit, but im trying to imagine it planted :angelic:

Thanks!

Yes it all looks a little strange until you imagine it grown in and planted :D

That takes me onto my next thought, plant suggestions? Chosen carpet is MC and dwarf hairgrass for detail.

Cheers,
R

Do you have enough space between the wood and the glass at the back? It looks very tight, might be just the camera angle. You would have really hard time getting your hand in to clean if so.

Thankyou for asking, there's actually not alot of space between the wood and the glass at the back, in some instances it's actually touching.

I prefer this instead of wood touching the front. I would rather have algae buildup on the back glass as this won't really be seen once grown in.

Please advise if I'm wrong!

Cheers,
R

It looks like my first tank stand when I was a kid, still using it to support some home decor on my floor 15 years later :)

Hi,

Like the scape. Wood is very strong. Think about adding a few larger stones. And using the smaller ones left nearer the front, you’ll end up losing the current stones under plants and being stoneless otherwise :)

Ps. Filter smart is good but needs regular cleaning than the biomaster to ensure max flow.

Pps.get a dimmer for your light if you haven’t already!
S.

Hi,

Like the scape. Wood is very strong. Think about adding a few larger stones. And using the smaller ones left nearer the front, you’ll end up losing the current stones under plants and being stoneless otherwise :)

Ps. Filter smart is good but needs regular cleaning than the biomaster to ensure max flow.

Pps.get a dimmer for your light if you haven’t already!
S.

Thanks for the kind words!

I've raised the stones a little bit I'll keep on top of maintenance to keep them showing :)

Cheers for the tip on the filter and yes I have a dimmer for it, any suggestions on what level to start at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep it's the up and down one from Aquarium Gardens. Cheers for the advice I'll give it a go once it's planted and filled :)

Here's a picture of the rock placement now, the bottom is what it was like before and the top is the newest version.
b42b85b84a6ca5bcabc6cd828eb06257.jpg

Cheers,
R

Nice,

I think the middle "path" can still be improved; it's a bit 'straight' at the moment.

Try adding small stones on the back to increase depth for example.;)

Cheers

Nice,

I think the middle "path" can still be improved; it's a bit 'straight' at the moment.

Try adding small stones on the back to increase depth for example.;)

Cheers

I'm a big fan of the scapes like the picture below, I don't mind the 'path' being straight!
f80e59df1f80411e2994ed8ce2c78d9d.jpg

I'll have a play around with the stones over the weekend, you're right about the smaller ones being toward the back. It will definitely create more depth. Once planted they may disappear though. Hmm, lots to think about!

If someone could please advise on fertiliser dosage, co2 bps / when to turn co2 on/off, how often to w/c and photoperiod in the first few weeks that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
R

Back