• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rivers Edge - ADA 45P - planted and filled

Haha small world and thanks mate, if you're struggling for stone for your new tank let me know as I've got a fair bit after buying new stuff from Andrew on here (that won't be for sale but got at least 2 other bags of Seiryu and manten stone), depends what you're looking for and sizes, drop me a pm and happy to help out a local ;)

Nice scape. Just needs some cheap diy co2 and away it goes.

Thanks Marc, it's looking pretty bare until it grows in but trying to stay away from c02 with this, it's a nice comparison to my high tech

ordered Bucephalandra Deep Purple and Mini Red for this but i'm thinking i should have waited to order as they will be going through the post as we speak in -8deg....hope they survive

General tank stats at present:

Full EI dosing
LC (Excel) - 2ml daily
Lighting period = 3pm till 7pm @ 10%, 7pm till 9pm ramp down to 0
Eheim Pro 4 250t set at 50% with spin lily pipe which means very low flow
Temp is 24deg

Bucephalandra came.... Both were £5 each from k2aqua which I've had great dealings with in the past, picture on ad is very misleading and shows a pot sized amount and I trust them so didn't bother looking at description, my fault as it stated 1 plant 5 leaves and they weren't joking with the deep purple...

20190201_200527-756x1008.jpg

So ill be ordering more in vitro buces from my trusted source of Aquasabi again once the weather gets a bit better

Waiting for this wee guy to arrive next week, Galaxy Koi HMPK
Screenshot_20190203-144936_Facebook.jpg

Got this wee guy this morning, he's tiny and only about 4 months old. Colours are amazing and the iridescent galaxy markings are almost glow in the dark and change from white to bright blue

20190206_173055.jpg
20190206_173109.jpg
20190206_173514.jpg

Hi
May I ask where U got him from?
Im trying to lure the girlfriend for another tank and she loves a good betta.lol;)
Regards Konsa

Hi
May I ask where U got him from?
Im trying to lure the girlfriend for another tank and she loves a good betta.lol;)
Regards Konsa

Chen's betta on FB, best quality bettas I've seen for sale

it is for sure a pretty little fish! :clap:

HMPK stands for half moon plakat?

That's the one mate :thumbup:

Last edited:
I've got 4 of my cherry shrimp from my high tech tank in with him at the minute to test his tolerance to them as I'm wanting a clean up crew to help but don't want any other fish

But....

1. Do I use this for my best cherries
2. Do I go for something slightly different like a high grade orange neocaridina
3. Do I go down the crystal red/snow white route and try something different to my main tank

Last edited:
Betta seems to be inquisitive of the shrimp but not aggressive and doesn't chase, goes right up nose to nose and swims away, as I first came in today he was flaring away at me so quite surprising he's chilled with the shrimp but could be good news for the next part....

Been offered some pure white line shrimp, good price but they still aren't cheap so it could either be an expensive snack or a nice wee breeding project in this tank

Tank parameters are close but not perfect for them:
pH = 6.9-7.0 slightly high
GH = 5-6
KH = 1-2
TDS = 130-180
Temp = 25deg slightly high

Thanks mate I got it from Aqua Essentials, I've noticed the lighter manzanita and also ADA hornwood and have to say it does look more like hornwood, it was sold as manzanita but it's quite soft and smooth so not sure if either aged or just named incorrectly

This is the main lower piece when I first got it
View attachment 114468
That's the piece that really caught my eye!

Turns out this wee riot will kill any shrimp in sight and refuses to eat anything but frozen bloodworm or artemia, he also loves uprooting plants and trying to get as close to the spin outlet as possible and swimming in and out of the current, polar opposite to my chilled betta before but just as hilarious to watch and full of character

New bubble nest every day when I come home as well
20190220_194408.jpg

Also started my first dose of Rhizotonic today, just 3ml at water change at least initially

20190220_195522.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for your shrimps, each betta is so different.

He was fine the first week then once he settled in he just goes after everything, luckily I didn't put my PWL shrimp in with him but still a shame for the couple of cherries that I tried in there

What's rhizotonic

It's an algae based fert that is supposed to stimulate root growth so I'm using it in my 2 tanks as I'll have a lot of buces and moss

Back