• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel T5 tube manufacturer

Recci

Does anybody actually know who makes the Juwel T5 tubes. They are no doubt a re-branded tube of either ATI or sylvania but which?

I know that but they are still manufactured by one of the big companies. And actually you can get 1200mm standard 54w T5 bulbs off the shelf that fits the rio 400 unit.

Also I am sure that if you have the 54w juwel 1200mm unit you could solder some extra length onto the pins and make a standard 54w t5 tube fit. Its only really the wattage that counts with these things.

Hi all,
And actually you can get 1200mm standard 54w T5 bulbs off the shelf that fits the rio 400 unit.
I didn't know that, it would definitely be a lot cheaper.
Its only really the wattage that counts with these things.
That is right, each electronic ballasts cover a large range of wattage.

cheers Darrel

There are 3 or 4 manufacturers or Juwel length tubes, Juwel, Arcadia, Geiselman and iQuatics.

The reason they are custom lengths is due to the limited tank volumes you would get using industry standard length tubes, especially in smaller volumes under 300-400 litre. All to do with ratio of width to "pleasing" depth, for industry standard lengths give nothing in 100 litre to 300, litre range. Juwel have, 80l, 125l, 180l, 240l, 260l, 350l. These volumes are possible using standard tubes but tanks, in the above volume range, would look "unpleasingly" shallow. I did post about this, years ago after getting an email (2000' odd) from Juwel why they made their own length tubes.

I know that but they are still manufactured by one of the big companies. And actually you can get 1200mm standard 54w T5 bulbs off the shelf that fits the rio 400 unit.
Made under license to client specifications by a lighting manufacturer

You should just contact one of the “big companies” and order your own supply ;)
though I doubt you will like the pricing or minimum order number o_O

I am trying to find out who that manufacturer is? I know some other manufacturers make juwel length tubes. But iQuatics are the only ones I can easily find and they are of lower quality. Geiselman I would be interested in. Truth be told I'M a reef keeper and interested in mairne spec tubes.

But iQuatics are the only ones I can easily find and they are of lower quality
What do you mean lower quality ? My iQuatics tubes are from Jan 2016 and are still fine. I know this as I recently had a Juwel tube fail, so I played "musical tubes" and there was virtually no difference in brightness between the old tubes and brand new unused tubes.

Back