• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blue Neo's buce garden

Steve Buce

My blue neo's buce garden

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This tank is home to my colony of blue dream neocaridina shrimp, only other critters in there are 2 red nerite snails and a load of malaysian trumpet snails. Its mainly planted with various types of buce cuttfings from my yellow sakura tank, i also added a patch of willow moss, some anubias and a pteridophyta "niah" which is only starting to show growth after months in the tank, most recent plant added is a tissue culture pot of H.pinnatifida
No fish at the moment, id like to add some rasboras axelrodi blue, if i ever find any!
The buces were glued to the spiderwood and planted into the substrate at the front.
The water has a slight tint to it, as i always have various leaves and alder cones in there for the shrimp to graze on and as some extra cover for the smaller shrimps

Its dosed weekly with tropica premium

Equipment...
Dennerle 35litre scapers tank
2 x aquael leddy plant leds
Jbl cristalprofi m greenline mattenfilter (with ceramic rings added inside)
Aquael Easy Heater 50W

Decor....
Black river pebbles
Spiderwood
Unipac river sand?

Sorry for the shoddy ipad pics, ill try and get some better ones

My blue neo's buce garden

View attachment 122049 View attachment 122050 View attachment 122051 View attachment 122049

This tank is home to my colony of blue dream neocaridina shrimp, only other critters in there are 2 red nerite snails and a load of malaysian trumpet snails. Its mainly planted with various types of buce cuttfings from my yellow sakura tank, i also added a patch of willow moss, some anubias and a pteridophyta "niah" which is only starting to show growth after months in the tank, most recent plant added is a tissue culture pot of H.pinnatifida
No fish at the moment, id like to add some rasboras axelrodi blue, if i ever find any!
The buces were glued to the spiderwood and planted into the substrate at the front.
The water has a slight tint to it, as i always have various leaves and alder cones in there for the shrimp to graze on and as some extra cover for the smaller shrimps

Its dosed weekly with tropica premium

Equipment...
Dennerle 35litre scapers tank
2 x aquael leddy plant leds
Jbl cristalprofi m greenline mattenfilter (with ceramic rings added inside)
Aquael Easy Heater 50W

Decor....
Black river pebbles
Spiderwood
Unipac river sand?

Sorry for the shoddy ipad pics, ill try and get some better ones

Stunning, I've also been looking at the scapers 35...these images are a bad influence

lovely tank and shrimp!

Sundadanio axelrodi are stunning little fish, but need very soft and acidic water, so maybe not the best tank mates for your shrimp..

Thanks for the heads up, definitely not soft acidic water in leicester

List of buce in tank..

Kedagang-aquasabi
Green velvet-aquafleur
Wavy green-tropica
Deep purple-aquasabi
biblis-aquafleur
Thea green- aquafleur
Red-tropica
Deep red- ebay

Got a broad leaf sp. to add to the tank

Theres more to add, when i find the bit of paper i wrote them down on :banghead:

I think you should get a light (or mod) that highlights the blues of the neos and the buce. Add some 450nm LEDs to your light perhaps.

Quick update...
Shrimp population has increased, lots of babies, so removed most of the nerites to increase the amount of algal and biofilm growth pn the pebbles and increased dosing of bacter ae
Removed most of the moss, put in some anubias from another tank to fill in for now
Buces have grown well and are filling in nicely.

:( h.pinna... Looks a bit holey though, will post an updated pic tom

image.jpeg
Some of the blue dream "culls", good colouring, but more of a rilli/camo pattern
Im trying to get a more solid colour, so its time to start separating out

If anyone is interested in buying some of these let me know

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Back