• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stand for 30 litre Dennerle cube

I have just bought a 3 ltr Dennerle for a planted tank for betta fish. I have looked and looked and cannot find a stand that would match. The closest I have got is a couple at APS. There is plenty for that size tank if it was a rectangle, but nothing square.
Whatever it is I would have to get it delivered. I am wondering what areas I should look. Ikea is out as the last time I went to buy something from Coventry the delivery was more than the item.
Any help?
Robert
Location Hinckley, Leicestershire.

I own a pet shop in the US. Looking at my wholesaler's Dennerle items, I don't see a single stand. Nor have any come up from a cursory Google. Your title states 30 liter (I have one of those) and the body says 3 liter. I'm guessing it's the 30, but they do make a small one. I'd pop a quick measurement of length and width and see what stands are out there that would look good and fit your tank. There may be some space on either side so I'd avoid any of the open designs where tanks sit on an edge, and look for a solid top stand. I know Hagen makes a few of those. Good luck!

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies that is very much appreciated. It seems that the Aquarium furniture business has not caught up with the tanks. Aquascaping responds very well to a cube tank but there is little to put it on.
It is taking me a while to write this as I keep looking at the Ikea Kallax. Ideally, one unit half the width but they don't have one except for a tall one. So I was thinking, the 30-liter Dennerle would not look out of place in the middle. Some ornament either side would look nice. I have had a look at Hagan/Fluval. They have the stands intended for the Flex, a bit bigger than I would like and I don't like the curves. As I said Ikea is expensive on delivery. If it is more than one man it is £36. Well, I have a lot to think about.
Thanks, Robert...

Yes that particular example is quite expensive. I paid a lot less for mine. I chose a HiFi cabinet as they are a good size for a 35L Nano or even a bit bigger. As they are designed to house several HiFi components they are an ideal height and come with several adjustable shelves which is handy for filters etc

Back