• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A 90cm New Beginning

This is a fair point. It would be worth experimenting to see if you can have one island stretching one third of the tank and the other two thirds... golden ratio esque

I have tried many versions of the wood over the last few days, moved on to playing with the rocks now :)
I will post some more photos soon :thumbup:

This was another wood layout i quite liked, ignore the rocks! quite like the idea of a pathway through the archway, but to be honest until i get it into the tank who knows how it will end up.;)

9_zpspv8imisx.jpg

Still Playing while watching Master Amano for inspiration :)

10_zpss67urwyl.jpg
Hi Arana,
This looks like the way forward a strong hardscape using the full dimensions of tank, with perhaps a nice carpet. A graduation of smaller stones towards the front of aquascape would make it more natural..
Once that tank arrives ;)
I’m happy as Liverpool are wining :clap:

Very sleek setup!

I would love to order the same stand for my 60p but I bet they don't ship on France?

I have cut a sheet of 2mm acrylic sheet to fit the bottom of the tank, this will hopefully protect the glass while i move rocks around and allow me to glue stuff in place and still be able to lift out the whole hardscape if required.

So now begins a whole weekend of adding, moving, removing and agonising over rock placements... Happy days! :)

16_zpsrkyjq3dl.jpg

Yeah but it is the best part the frustration of rocks and wood Haha the little turn of a rock to change the whole way we look at it the way a branch is pointing it's just the best feeling when you sit down look over and smile at what you have achieved and feel happy till you notice a bit you wanna change

Cheers
Jay

Yeah but it is the best part the frustration of rocks and wood Haha the little turn of a rock to change the whole way we look at it the way a branch is pointing it's just the best feeling when you sit down look over and smile at what you have achieved and feel happy till you notice a bit you wanna change

Cheers
Jay

Totally agree Jay, it is the fun part for me too. I think it is one of the few times in the aquascaping creative process that you can get instant gratification, everything else takes patience and time.

Back