• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Storage?

In the bags they come in making sure they are sealed to keep them absorbing water as most have do desiccant properties IMO so stops the salts clumping together so it displaced faster when mixed plus easier to weigh.
Some of my trace micros I make up a litre solution for each trace store them in a dark cool place then use take the amounted needed to make the ppm of stock solution I'm after for my tank.

Thanks Zeus ye i used to keep them in the bags but had a couple of seals fail
I do mix large quantities my tank is 500ltr plus my other tanks i must look at buying larger quantities any advice

but had a couple of seals fail

Me too :rolleyes: or may of been me not closing them correctly OFC. esp when near the end of a bag ;) Store them in the front room so nice and dry also claim a cupboard for my stuff ( well claimed a few cupboards)

I do only make up 3 litres of Macro and Micro at a time for my 500l tank to help stop mould building/growing in the stock solutions but I do add Asorbic Acid 1.0g/l and Potassium Sorbate 0.4g/l to both mixes which helps prevent the mould also.

I purchased my MgSO4 (Epsom salts) and KSO4 from ebay as cheap 5-10Kg bag for about a tenner. Also bulked purchased my traces from Solufed so could make my own trace mix- not cheap and if your trace mix is working dont bother IMO

Hard to get a bulk supply of KNO3 as it has the potential for making a bomb OFC

The pots once contained dried Herbs..
DSC_0905.jpg

Only the micros in solution stands in a dark spot.. :) The rest is always on display and at hand. Standing on the shelf above the tank, labeled.. :).. I kinda find the pharmacy look intiruing and decorative. By now i know my scoop and the volumes, i dose dry and mix it up during a water change.

Actualy still looking for a nice set of oldfashion dark colored glass pharmacy pots with a matching bottle for the micros. I yet did not find what i'm looking for.

The pots once contained dried Herbs..
View attachment 125053

Only the micros in solution stands in a dark spot.. :) The rest is always on display and at hand. Standing on the shelf above the tank, labeled.. :).. I kinda find the pharmacy look intiruing and decorative. By now i know my scoop and the volumes, i dose dry and mix it up during a water change.

Actualy still looking for a nice set of oldfashion dark colored glass pharmacy pots with a matching bottle for the micros. I yet did not find what i'm looking for.
Do you have a white coat to haha

Mine came in plastic pots except the MgSO4 which I found a bottle for. Whatever you choose just make sure it’s well labelled as one white powder looks like any other!

0D04ACAF-4BAE-4A96-A361-675A543EF720.jpeg

Nice.. :) I'm still looking out for a set of these wintage ones in correct size 200ml..
132dc766-3e79-4780-a88a-797af07300a6.jpg

They are out there, but getting rare.. But with some patience, they drop into my lap one day. :)
I like your taste my friend

Nice.. :) I'm still looking out for a set of these wintage ones in correct size 200ml..
132dc766-3e79-4780-a88a-797af07300a6.jpg

They are out there, but getting rare.. But with some patience, they drop into my lap one day. :)
Cork and potassium nitrate is a no no, a fire risk. All other chemicals will be OK.

Back