• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Variagation

mort

Hi, I sometimes look through eBay at the houseplants to see what people have bought, split up and then inflated the prices of, so I know what my not so local garden centre is likely to have. Recently philodendron have been going for extortionate prices so I guess they are the must have this year but I've seen so many variagated common plants with unbelievable prices. There are cheese plants with the faintest random variagation selling for up to 80 quid a leaf. Am I the only one who doesn't get it? I see no appeal in a plant that looks like a bird has poo'd on it and would have the plain normal variety every day of the week.

I'm not a fan either. I don't like white/variegated anubias that are 'rare' / 'expensive' either. People fuss over fixing deficiencies in plants that make them yellow and then pay a fortune for ones that mutate that way :lol:

Back