• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Island - ADA 75P - It's been a while....

Calling it a day, planting in the morning...

Screenshot_20190917-202145_Instagram.jpg

Fantastic :cool:

(and I see you read my mind and used 5 upright woods rather than the less aesthetic 6 :lol:)

Fantastic :cool:

(and I see you read my mind and used 5 upright woods rather than the less aesthetic 6 :lol:)

Thanks buddy

And yeh that extra piece just never looked right, turns out the pros know something with this odd number thing eh :lol:

I might consider trimming that leftover piece so it can be used half obscured in the sand area ... not sure on this in contrast to the more refined twisty wood
(in the left side “space” - though there may be rather less room than appears in the photo)

Yeh that left corner is only about 7cm x 5cm so not much room for anything, plus I want a bit of negative space with that wood flowing to the right and plan to have more small stone detail around that area

@84Reasons la plata sand will go in last after I've filled and drained to let any soil dust settle first (probably tomorrow once I've had the filter running for a bit)

Nicely done :wave:

Though I find more dust comes out of my La Plata sand than Tropica Soil
(Apple had subbed “worms” out of La Plata :lol:)

I was checking out Glass Aqua for updates and found this video :cool:

@alto I've always rinsed la plata before putting it in so haven't had any dust issues with it

Since this is a rescape and fish need to go in quickly I've also had the amazonia soaking for about 3 weeks to stop excessive ammonia spikes and also rinse out all of the small floating pieces, still managed to get a light film of soil dust everywhere :thumbdown: but easily cleaned before sand goes in

Really liking the scape, this wood has some great features, looking forward to seeing this mature

Looks really nice Kalum my rescape had the fish in that day with no soaked soil no issues at all cant wait to see the sand at the front are you adding more detail to it

Thanks @Paul Lane

Cheers @Jayefc1 yeh a mature filter should be able to deal with it but I'd rather just have that added piece of mind, a lot more stone detail to go in at sand level and some parva to plant as well

Sand is in.....as well as 10x cpds and approx 100 RCS from my other tank, still need to add stone details and parva and will get an update sunday ;)

Back