• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My second go at a planted tank a lot bigger this time

Marty.h

Having swapped it all over today it's now clearing hopefully this goes as well as the smaller one I had
1368a353ade224595925f8f42d8dc186.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quite big then. Looks nice now but Should be looking very nice and grown in, in a few months.

Quite big then. Looks nice now but Should be looking very nice and grown in, in a few months.
Yeah there is space for more plants and fish stock yet but once all grown out should look well

Popped to LFS today and treated the tank to a few more plants and some Cardinals hopefully the plants will carpet nicely.

CO2 still spot on and Green and checked PH seeing around 6.6 and out the tap its 7.6. The CO2 as it exits the diffuser is sucked strait up by the intake on the pump and no bubbles come from the outlet so see that as virtually 100% saturation and no CO2 really wasted.

I'm still currently using the other fert and will start the Ei on monday as easier to start at a complete week for dosing purposes.

Also added 200ml of purigen in the filter this will now be working to polish the water as I like nice clean water and so will the stock.

Here is a couple of pictures

Full tank shot

8469c39549e6b132b7137ac3e1197d82.jpg

Looking down the tank

03318ff67a74548842733712b74fabe6.jpg

I will be adding more wood to the tank at some point with moss ect on to give the scape more height but all in good time l

Upped the lighting over the tank now have 4 x 54W T5's booming down made a big difference no shaded areas now and one the plants is looking stunning has changed a lot since it went in here a few picture

d17fef8b9f8ba540d857dd7b4855aa5b.jpg

The purigen working well looking down all 6ft

f3ff506d133f7d6ffd70a6b16424d305.jpg

This plant is stunning
c9584a83491e0ed5578d7d1a1a01791a.jpg

Meet the 3 stuges
8049414c240a4e1ebaa7ac9b899cc512.jpg

Why do they do it no need for it is there you ask advice and get sold that

Will that happily just live in a plant pot the other will be happy another plant she can have in a pot

Hi all,
Will that happily just live in a plant pot the other will be happy another plant she can have in a pot
Yes, they are a good houseplant.

It is usually a lot cheaper to buy the same plant as an aquatic, rather than as a house plant. The price difference is often several quid, but all you get extra is the pot and compost, which will have cost pennies.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, Yes, they are a good houseplant.

It is usually a lot cheaper to buy the same plant as an aquatic, rather than as a house plant. The price difference is often several quid, but all you get extra is the pot and compost, which will have cost pennies.

cheers Darrel
Well the other half is happy me not so
59356256c0b7358bc9410849ea9e35c2.jpg

Hi all,
Well the other half is happy me not so
Dracaena sanderiana.

That is the variegated cultivar, the plain green one is what is sold as "Lucky Bamboo". I assume it is the easiest species to grow and root as a cutting.

I quickly found out, when I worked in commercial horticulture, that you aimed to create a market for what ever gave you greatest profit, rather than growing what people actually wanted. I really liked the shrub <"Kalmia latifolia">, great flowers, as easy to grow as most Rhododendrons or Camellias, hardy in most of the UK, not too big etc, but we were stopping growing it and really promoting <"Pieris "Forest Flame"> instead, but why?.

Somebody explained to me that Kalmia is tricky and slow to root as a cutting and a slow growing shrub ("grows out of profit"), Pieris had the advantage of being much easier to root and being saleable as a small shrub, it was a no-brainer.

cheers Darrel

Cant beat looking down the tank just a shame the camera does not show how crisp and clean it is
0ddd38a8d308d4b87a45b276056cda71.jpg

0205ca3bfa64d18d76e1d0951b22865b.jpg

That's a lovely looking tank. Have you got a list of the hardware you are using?

Back