• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Shallow one 2.0

Paul27

Hi

After going to aquarium gardens and seeing there tanks there it over loaded my brain and I made the decision there and then to re scape my tank again. Thanks again Steve and Dave.

Came away with more than I planned to buy there but just couldn't help myself. So here we go again :)

Tank: 60x20x20
Filter: Oase 60
Light: Twinstar 600s
Substrate: Tropica Aquarium Soil

Only hardscape at the moment as bonded the wood and rocks together so that when its filled they shouldn't go anywhere.

Will lists plants when I have fully set it up.

Please ignore the brackets under the light legs as as its slight and I mean ever so slightly to small to fit on the tank rim, either will have to make brackets to extend the rim size on each size or get a hanging kit to hang it from the shelf that will be above.
20191014_195958.jpg
20191014_200723.jpg

I see what you mean from your pm.

Cut some acrylic and stick onto the tank side to make it thicker maybe?

Stick acrylic to bottom of light stand to bring it out slightly. That’s probably the easiest?

Honestly it's only the tinest amount. Will have to do either one. The light is great!

What will you be stocking?

I'd definately be hiding that heater at the back somewhere near the filter outflow!

Looks great! Im hoping to set up a similar shallow tank myself so following with interest!... I'm hoping to do a hidden river tank manifold though for flow purposes with emergent/floating plants for supplementary filtration.

What will you be stocking?

I'd definately be hiding that heater at the back somewhere near the filter outflow!

Looks great! Im hoping to set up a similar shallow tank myself so following with interest!... I'm hoping to do a hidden river tank manifold though for flow purposes with emergent/floating plants for supplementary filtration.

Stocking will be currently what I have:.

Male betta
3 red cherry shrimp
4 pygmy Cory's
1 asian stone cat fish
1 nerite snail

Have really been turned by shallow tanks even though I would like a Evolution Aqua The Aquascaper aquarium tank in future, years down the line.

Good shout on the heater. What are you going to be planning on stocking if you go ahead with it?

Hillstream loach would definately be the centrepiece. Wanted them for a long time now... shrimp will definately feature, probably the same two types (that don't crossbreed) from my main aquarium where dwarf cichlids have decimated the population somewhat. As none of these need tropical temperatures I want to go heaterless, i also wanted to go biotope if possible which restricts fish choices quite a bit so probably go with wcmm for a schoaling fish esp as I want the hillstream loaches to be the star event.

Hillstream loach would definately be the centrepiece. Wanted them for a long time now... shrimp will definately feature, probably the same two types (that don't crossbreed) from my main aquarium where dwarf cichlids have decimated the population somewhat. As none of these need tropical temperatures I want to go heaterless, i also wanted to go biotope if possible which restricts fish choices quite a bit so probably go with wcmm for a schoaling fish esp as I want the hillstream loaches to be the star event.

Hillstream loaches and white clouds will work nice together, would you consider other loaches too?

Probably not due to tank size mainly... it will be a custom "67cm long" so probs only 50litres. After a few hillstream loaches and a decent size shoal of WCMMs I'll be as stocked as I want to go. Other option is glowlight danio. I won't be able to do both though...

Will compliment each other, would definitely say the white clouds. Are you having a custom made stand/cabinet too?

Back