• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hygrophila pinnatifida

SRP3006

Hi all,

I have been having some trouble with the above loosing it's lower leaves. They go like in the picture then slowly go pale before falling off. I have recently changed my co2 injection towards two aps style reactors and have been struggling to keep a decent pH profile. Could this be the cause or something else?

Dosing EI. I have a 6hr photoperiod. Co2 on 2 hours before lights on and 1 hour before off.

Thanks.
68903b547851c4eab0267c27bd8964d5.jpg
320c54a72d6b1e9b40f6a87c2b95de32.jpg
7c9265f50027349b47626e67a1b26e8a.jpg

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

My Nemesis H Pin. :mad: A poor pH profile won't help things OFC. I've been trying to master this plant for some time. I can grow it compact fine but old leaves go spoty melt and drop off.
I put my lack of success down to the complex ionic interactions taking place between my fert regime and my very hard water- but that's just my theory/opinion OFC

My water comes from the tap at 7.4 with a TDS of around 180. Before the lights come on the pH is at 6.3 however (I believe down to me not being able to control the gas inside the aps reactors)the pH drops a little further to 6.15 during the photoperiod. The aps reactor also doesn't dissolve all the co2.
The H pinnatifida is in the highest light and highest flow area. Being only inches from the spray bar from the fx6 and 3 inches from the light. Light doesn't seem to be the issue as the plant is going red?
The plant is attached to the wood though not in the substrate.

Not sure what to do as I was having to trim this plant weekly to stop it blocking light to my lower plants.

On hols ATM so no access to my excel spreadsheets on my fert levels and links etc. But from memory 'K' potassium levels where one answer to melting leaves.
Cheers, I did hear that K could be the issue.

TBH the aps reactors are not working how I want so may experiment with placing in tank diffusers next to the fx6 inlet. Plus the noise of the reactors is driving me crazy.

I have a question about Tropica TC Hygrophila, is it better than emersed potted plants,rather is it any diferent, cuz with emersed leaves melting i cant accomplish what i want with it. So does it melt after planting, or gluing, because i want it as epiphyte on wood. Thanx

It will melt then grow back (takes 1-3 weeks). Emersed potted plants if healthy will grow back faster as they are larger to begin with. Tropica plants are healthy so should grow fast if given enough care. Gluing will not affect melting. ;)

So the 1-2 Grow pinnatifida will melt too once submersed? Damn i thought it wont....

I wonder if the plant is damaged by the direct flow from the spray bar?

Other leaves also look yellow. What size is your tank and what colour is the drop checker at lights on?

Lights on for how long?

Have you got a pic of the whole tank?

I wonder if the plant is damaged by the direct flow from the spray bar?

Other leaves also look yellow. What size is your tank and what colour is the drop checker at lights on?

Lights on for how long?

Have you got a pic of the whole tank?
TBH it could be the spray as it was attached to the wood and all the damaged leaves were level with the bar. Lights are on for 6 hours. Including ramp up and down. Drop check lime green at lights on.

It has lost nearly all its leaves so was removed 2 weeks ago. With the exception of some small growth that seems to be doing well.

Back