• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

German Blue Ram Fry

Stacy Williams

Seedling
A pair of german blue rams have just spawned and produced a mass of fry, about 200. They are alone so i do not have to worry about other fish eating the fry.

At the moment, the parents are herding them around the tank. Interestingly, they followed the parents to where they were fed. They also seem to hang around about where an indian almond leaf is lying. Iv read somewhere the fry eat the microfauna that live of the leaf?

Will the parents either bring the fry along themselves or do i need to step in and feed them before they die off? Are they safe alone with the parents?

My intent, is to bring up the fry in the same tank as the parents, if they are not eaten! Can anyone give advise on what i should do to bring them along?

You can also get frozen baby bribe shrimp. I believe ocean nutrition do a jar of instant baby bribe shrimp too, which is expensive but will get you out of trouble for the time being.

cheers

conor

hi
Actually, i have a jbl artemio set here but, need to go to LFS to get some eggs.

You can also get frozen baby bribe shrimp. I believe ocean nutrition do a jar of instant baby bribe shrimp too, which is expensive but will get you out of trouble for the time being.

This sounds a good idea, perhaps, add to some tank water then use a turkey baster to aim the bbs at the cloud of free swiming fry.

IMG_0697_zpsy09qhckd.jpg

Hi Stacy,

Wish I'd seen your thread sooner. Have only just discovered it.

I have raised GBRs from a spawning. Initially, they need to be fed on smaller foods than baby brine shrimp. Infusoria or, better still, paramecium is the way to go. I can check out details of where I got mine - if it's not too late. Then, you can move the GBR fry onto baby brine shrimp. But, there is always the risk that the fry could be eaten by the parents. At what stage are you now?

JPC

Back