• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

World Cup Rugby - England vs Tonga

Nice result, 35 - 3 to England. England score 4 tries so they get a bonus point too. And like Ireland don't concede a try. Tough game though, Tonga played very well.

I think they were playing the occasion rather than the team and lost their way a bit. And that loosing prop Sinckler in the first few minutes dealt a blow to the scrum and breakdown.
I also think that the ref Garces gave SA the benefit of the doubt in the scrum more often than not, for instance he missed SA wheeling the scrum on several occasions when England were actually holding firm.
Nevertheless, we did very well to reach the final :cool:

Cant help feeling there was a case of underestimating South Africa after beating the All Blacks as though we had beat the best and then the build up to the match as though we had won it already. We were slow out of the stalls so to speak and I thought we could have turned it around even after the first half hour but Owen Farrells narrowly missed kick summed it up Beaten on the day by better team.

Cant help feeling there was a case of underestimating South Africa after beating the All Blacks
Agreed, they thought this one would be a lot easier and did not have to try as hard as the previous game! It's a final off course SA would come fighting ;)

Back