• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low Energy ADA 45H

AF4206C2-7A2D-415F-BA01-C2A5808F26B9.jpeg 7A69B7A5-BF23-4348-A17C-0932999ED2BE.jpeg 3A42827F-8E8E-41FB-8E29-68B9CF8CFAAB.jpeg
Great tanks news this week. Big Shelley my favourite shrimp has had A LOT of babies!:dummy::dummy::dummy::dummy::dummy::dummy::dummy::dummy:They’re ridiculously cute and they’re everywhere. I’ve rescued 5 from the pre filter already!

Over the last few weeks I’ve done a gentle rescape to make room for extra carpeting plants (Sagittaria subulata and helanthium tenellum green). I removed a large rock that I thought looked a bit clumsy and added some Anubias nana bonsai and hydrophila pinnatifida (hopefully eventually to grow emersed) to the higher branches. The fish are healthy now and the baby shrimp are growing up fast. Hope you think it’s an improvement.
85E5ECB4-52FE-48B2-82AB-72F2389072B9.jpeg

09E028CD-C704-4610-B6C8-A1FB0D02388B.jpeg
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you’ve all had lots of time over the holidays to enjoy your tanks. A quick photo of my tank to show how the new plants are settling. It’s slow progress with it being non co2 and I don’t think I’m getting the feeding completely right. But the fish and snails look healthy and the shrimp are breeding like crazy so definitely some progress!

Wishing I’d not been so excited to try my new seachem purigen and read the ‘rinse first’ instructions before adding it to my filter:hilarious:
View attachment 130780
Bit of purigen will clear that up

In seriousness I've never rinsed purigen and never had this... maybe its changed since I last used it a few years back....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

i've always washed it and it does give off a milky/dust residue when washing but that seems pretty extreme

as much as @Iain Sutherland is on the wind up....the purigen might actually pick it back up on the way through again :lol:

as much as @Iain Sutherland is on the wind up....the purigen might actually pick it back up on the way through again :lol:
Do you know I think it actually is - waters already starting to look clearer. Maybe I’ve moppped up my own mistake? The moss still seems to have a light covering of the white dust. Shame it’s a month late, it actually looks quite Christmasy:playful:

Hows this one getting on @Mike Moran
Thanks for asking🙏 I’ve been a bit too embarrassed to put any pics up recently. to improve the plant health I decided to inject CO2. But I haven’t managed to get the balance quite right with light/nutrients too and have had BBA outbreak as a result 😳
Anyway here’s an honest picture- The plants are definitely growing healthier and faster. Unfortunately so is some of the algae!
B0FDC56A-2A44-4F35-BDFE-04A3FC7C1C3E.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Thought I’d post a pic of some new additions to my tank - some lovely ember tetras. They’ve settle in very happily with the neon rasboras and seem to love frolicking in the plants. The greenery is looking much healthier with the addition of the CO2. Think I’ve got the levels right now and I’m gradually upping the light intensity. Happy days.
7E51658F-22B3-44B1-A0DD-6BD7FAC19942.jpeg

@Mike Moran been a while since your last update Mike, how's it going?

Back