• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60-P "Succession"

Hi Jek, I really like the look of this scape so far! I actually started mine as a low tech but then decided to add some co2. But going back to some of the discussions early on I'm not going crazy on how much co2 I'm injecting. I don't know what you have your light set to but I found 30% about right for low tech with the twinstar. I'm also thinking of ordering a cabinet for my ada 60p from Green Aqua as my current one (IKEA Besta) is showing signs of water damage and let's the overall appearance down. I'm a little worried about moving the tank to a new cabinet as my scape has a few large rocks in it, may have to wait untill I rescape! Did you go for 70 or 80cm in height?

Hi Jek, I really like the look of this scape so far! I actually started mine as a low tech but then decided to add some co2. But going back to some of the discussions early on I'm not going crazy on how much co2 I'm injecting. I don't know what you have your light set to but I found 30% about right for low tech with the twinstar. I'm also thinking of ordering a cabinet for my ada 60p from Green Aqua as my current one (IKEA Besta) is showing signs of water damage and let's the overall appearance down. I'm a little worried about moving the tank to a new cabinet as my scape has a few large rocks in it, may have to wait untill I rescape! Did you go for 70 or 80cm in height?

Thanks Dan! I also might add CO2 later, and keep it at moderate levels. Thanks for the tip about the light! Are you also using the Twinstar E series? My cabinet is 70 cm in height.

Couldn't help adding a little CO2 to speed things up a little.
axU6K4W.jpg

Thanks Dan! I also might add CO2 later, and keep it at moderate levels. Thanks for the tip about the light! Are you also using the Twinstar E series? My cabinet is 70 cm in height.
Yeah, I have the same light, still a great light as far as I'm concerned, I know there is a new brighter version now, but I think it's still very strong for an ADA 60p.

Yeah, I have the same light, still a great light as far as I'm concerned, I know there is a new brighter version now, but I think it's still very strong for an ADA 60p.
Yeah I bought it because it was a bit cheaper and I actually like the look better compared to the s series. I'm not growing super demanding plants so it's more than enough.

Yeah I bought it because it was a bit cheaper and I actually like the look better compared to the s series. I'm not growing super demanding plants so it's more than enough.

Got the same light, one of the first that was sold in Europe, had good growth on every plants even the difficult ones in my 60p. I think the S series rendering is too reddish, seems that the New v2.0 has improved ...we'll see ;)

Got the same light, one of the first that was sold in Europe, had good growth on every plants even the difficult ones in my 60p. I think the S series rendering is too reddish, seems that the New v2.0 has improved ...we'll see ;)
Reassuring to hear. I like the green to pop the most so seems like the e series was right for me :)

So I'm happy with the left side (first picture), but unsure if I should extend the soil part of the right side so there's space for a few more plants. What do you guys think? Also; should I add some moss on a few of the branches? I've been debating with myself whether to do it or not..

G5ctloe.jpg

Oqi6U9M.jpg

Beautifull tank Johan!
What are those green moss like plants between the rocks?
Thanks! It's a type of green algae Aegagropila linnaei, also known as moss balls or marimo balls. Wanted to try them out a lower maintenance alternative to moss (they grow extremely slowly).

Anyone that has tried keeping black neons or ampaensis with cherry shrimp? Will the population be able to sustain itself?

Last edited:
Back