• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Crack

Kezzab

Did a rescape last night on the nano. Nano Cave #1 is no more.

Planting is not quite there and needs some thought. But quite happy with hardscape. Fingers crossed!

20191116_171720.jpg

Those Big buces in the path on the midground could look better placed on the far right and left of the tank, that would increase depth. :)

I like your stones texture and placement, definitively an upgrade from the last scape!:thumbup:

Oh please, don't use riccia this time:D

Following with interest

Thanks @CooKieS i consciously tried to use some of the tips in that Josh Sim Green Aqua vid. Its quite challenging when the tank is so small, only 20cm front to back. I'll have a mess about with the buce.

No riccia! But i can still see bloody scraps floating about in the newscape, just waiting to infect!
K

Thought it might have been a bit tight back there.
Have been staring at this for a little while now and there's something about the middle/right side of the tank that is working really well. I think it's because of the shadow. It leads you to the bright focal point at the back, where the left side is just as bright as the back. Maybe adding some plants to the bottom left would darken it up a bit?

Thought it might have been a bit tight back there.
Have been staring at this for a little while now and there's something about the middle/right side of the tank that is working really well. I think it's because of the shadow. It leads you to the bright focal point at the back, where the left side is just as bright as the back. Maybe adding some plants to the bottom left would darken it up a bit?
Aye, you're right that the bottom left corner is too bright so draws the eye away from the focal point. I've moved the buces, as was suggested, to create more shadow/darkness. I might also experiment with building up the left side front a little, but it tended to ruin the look at the bit at left back centre. oooh decisions.

In the pic i'd put a quite bright torch behind the tank to make the focal point much brighter. I think in theses pro-scapes that lighting plays a really big part of how the final image appears.
K

I decided i wasnt happy with the left side, so ive taken a go big or go home approach. It may look a bit dominant, but when the MC behind begins to grow over the top i think it will integrate well. We shall see.
20191119_200748.jpg
20191119_200735.jpg

Much better and gives a lot more depth :thumbup:

Flattening the sand at the front will stop it drawing your eye down to the front as well, looks good for such a small tank and dominant stones

Very cool, would like to have an fts shot once Sand is leveled. :)

Agreed. Reckon once you’ve eliminated all the other distractions the scale of this will look immense and far beyond its size. Definitely on to a winner @Kezzab

End of week three and i think i can start to see light at the end of the tunnel. Getting new growth that isnt getting BBA'd. Hopefully it will just overgrow the old tatty growth.

Been interesting/annoying to see the plants get hammered, given i assumed the tank was broadly the same as the old scape in terms of rock type, light, co2 etc. I think maybe they got damaged a bit being replanted and in their weakend state got swamped by the algae. Who knows...

Had to ditch the moss i added. It was very algaefied when i added it but i thought it might come good. Not so much.

Suggestions for most appropriate moss on the top of the rock please.

20191207_161542.jpg

Back