• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How long does co2 last

Deano3

By this i mean i have just got 2 fire extinguishers from work what were going to waste as one part has shut down and one FE was filled in 2018 and one was filled in 2012, its been tested since a few times but should it be fine to use ?

Co2 is co2 i cant see why not.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Correct CO2 is CO2 the test of the cylinder and the life of the cylinder is for Health and Safety which goes by the guidelines of how often it should be tested, you should stick to the guidelines at work as then if one of the FE fail when you need it you have been diligence maintaining your work place for the 'What Ifs'. however if you use the FE on your tank the most likely worse case is that the cylinder wont work which is unlikely. The absolute worse case is the top blows off the cylinder :eek::eek::eek::eek: I did meet a person this had happened too who works with high pressure cylinders on a regular basis when the top blew and he was close to it, he is lucky to be alive as it ruptured his oesophagus nearly completely and he is still being feed by tubes whilst they try to repair it months later

Correct CO2 is CO2 the test of the cylinder and the life of the cylinder is for Health and Safety which goes by the guidelines of how often it should be tested, you should stick to the guidelines at work as then if one of the FE fail when you need it you have been diligence maintaining your work place for the 'What Ifs'. however if you use the FE on your tank the most likely worse case is that the cylinder wont work which is unlikely. The absolute worse case is the top blows off the cylinder :eek::eek::eek::eek: I did meet a person this had happened too who works with high pressure cylinders on a regular basis when the top blew and he was close to it, he is lucky to be alive as it ruptured his oesophagus nearly completely and he is still being feed by tubes whilst they try to repair it months later
Wow thats awful and champion thats great thanks just ordered one not long ago aswel like i say shitting down one sode of building so emptying everything and manager said i could have them so glad about that.

Thanks mate

What causes them to blow their lids off / explode / do dangerous things?

I have a couple that I bought serviced that were coming to the end of their official working life (so around 10 years old), that have been in my attic a year now. I don't mind if they just don't work when I come to use them, but if there's a chance they're going to blow their tops off, I'd rather spend the extra on brand new ones for peace of mind.

(OP - I've been using these old ones on my tank for over a year now and they are working fine, definitely full of CO2 and definitely effective!)

Auto spell correct working well on this one:):):)
my bad i quickly typed it but you know what i meant laughed when seen your message and re-read mine

What causes them to blow their lids off / explode / do dangerous things?

Not sure, that guy worked with them as part of his job so he had a high exposure time. Think it was one of those thing which is like winning the lottery as you have more chance of being hit by lightning twice and survive, when I see him again I will ask 'if' his op goes well OFC, I was pretty gobsmacked when I seen him.

Think he was within a metre of a full one when it went

Back