• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Taking a sump. Back in five minutes...

That's it, going home to crank up the Vivid....:eek::lol:

Eleocharis and rotala especially looking great

Eleocharis and rotala especially looking great

Longest established. The rest will catch up. Not replanting the tops for now so everything will be dull for a bit after each cut but want that investment in root structures maintained to lean out the soil as much as possible.

Looks really good mate those lights seem pretty good ive had my 600sa on 100% for months now and the colours arnt any where nears as nice
Cherrs
Jay

More likely the water @Jayefc1 combined with EI? They’ll get there though. Especially h’ra.

2 x ONF (well less than 10cm above the water) is just mental though, basically a full ceiling of light!! :clap::)

Geoff is enjoying walking a fine line between brilliance and completely crashing!

I actually want more artificial lighting @Siege

T5’s are the only thing that can deliver the next level after this but need to give things a fair run under this arrangement first.

The point was never to succeed, it was to find the fail point against adequate Co2, adequate nutrition and ample filtration. I’ve used standardised products which should mean everything I’ve done so far is replicable and a possibility for anyone wanting to try.

The T5’s then open up the opportunity to play with the red and blue spectrum bulbs. Tom Barr and Dennis Wong have had a good play with these, only seems fair to give it a whirl and see what’s what.

@Jayefc1 just a suggestion but have you tried dosing only potassium (ADA brighty k neutral / Easy-Life Kalium Potassium / Potassium Sulphate K2SO4 salt) in place of your macros NPK for a week or two to see if you can tease out some colour? Your substrate will probably cover your nitrate and phosphate for that period without any penalty. If it does just switch back to EI macros.

Last edited:
@Geoffrey Rea the amount of root tabs in there after watching fillipe i dont think really need to dose anything ever again lol

Would i just need one of the above ot all of them . I already have K2SO4 i put it in my ei mix was thinking about just knocking the KNO3 of the mix for a while would that work

@Siege what do you mean by the water combined with EI mate

Cheers
J

the amount of root tabs in there after watching fillipe i dont think really need to dose anything ever again lol

:lol:

Any one of those options was what I was getting at, just a source of potassium that doesn’t include N or P.

So if i make up a dose and leave the KNO3 out and replace with more K2SO4 should that work in theory

Cheers
J

So if i make up a dose and leave the KNO3 out and replace with more K2SO4 should that work in theory

Yes @Jayefc1 , or you can just make up a small bottle of just K2SO4 on its own to try for a bit.

If you want you could mix it up with MgSO4 for a source of additional magnesium as well. But leave out KNO3 and KH2PO4 to omit nitrate and phosphate for this mix. If you’ve gone heavy with root tabs there’ll theoretically be enough Mg, N and P in the soil/tabs anyway so all you’re doing is changing the location the plants attain them from.

Given you’re using tap water there will still be nitrate and phosphate in that too so it’s not as if you’ve removed it entirely from the water column, just reduced it.

Il.just dose the 2 salts straight to the tsnk for 2 weeks see how it goes no point making a mox for such a small amount of salts and as i chef i have the scales to way .1 of a gram.so wont be to hard to work out how much i need
Cheers @Geoffrey Rea for the help bro

Cheers
J

Okay @Jayefc1 whatever you say mate... Secret is safe with us :shh:

upload_2019-11-30_10-26-40.jpeg

I have those weighing scales for gemstones lol which is even more accurate but im not so particular haha.

It’s an all out real estate war in there @MJQMJQ

The Cuphea anagalloidea was meant to soften the contrast between the Guyana and the Mini Super Red a little bit, but it’s going to have to fight harder if it wants to survive:

upload_2019-12-2_15-45-12.png

Just about keeping its head above all the new growth.

Blyxa in the middle gone. Replaced with Staurogyne Repens as a transition plant.

Another patch of Blyxa gone under the outlet and replaced with Rotala Macrandra.

Better spread and transition of colours.

Back