• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Long Journey - 80x45x40h High Tech

GGlass

Hi all,

I am starting for a new setup. Need your help at this period.

My first question is;

Can I use substrate and active soil together? I am planning to use JBL Aquabasis + Ista Plant & Shrimp Soil + Lava Fracture. What do you think about this equipment?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
Eheim is good.Yr TDS and ph pens are same as what i have.Make sure to use distilled water to calibrate the pen and dont ever accidentally press calibrate button like what i did if ure not calibrating.Get a nice large piece of driftwood like Mopani if u can find and afford it.Driftwood will stain the water yellow though but u can boil the driftwood to remove tannins.Active soils will leach ammonia into the tank.Generally people stick to one type of soil to because soils can have different colours and texture(fine,rough etc).And four bags of soil really look like too much.One bag could do as they look like pretty large bags.

Eheim is good.Yr TDS and ph pens are same as what i have.Make sure to use distilled water to calibrate the pen and dont ever accidentally press calibrate button like what i did if ure not calibrating.Get a nice large piece of driftwood like Mopani if u can find and afford it.Driftwood will stain the water yellow though but u can boil the driftwood to remove tannins.Active soils will leach ammonia into the tank.Generally people stick to one type of soil to because soils can have different colours and texture(fine,rough etc).And four bags of soil really look like too much.One bag could do as they look like pretty large bags.
Thank you so much for your comments.

SM-G930F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Thank you so much for your comments.

SM-G930F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
You are welcome!I hope someone else can help you with the soil because I use inert gravel.

Usually for fine soil people will cap with pool filter sand or a rougher substrate like those small clay balls popular in shrimp soil to make it easier to clean as well as helping good bacteria to grow due to more pores hence more surface area blah blah blah and the (very bottom will have coarse material like lava rock which is optional and useful if you want to build more height)

Last edited:
Back