• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60-P "Succession"

Thanks for your comments. Will play a bit around with the green algae and small rocks. Have also considered adding moss to the tanks..

@Wookii Hmm I've had those for a while. I think the larger one is some sort of 'red' variety and the one with really small leaves is 'Lamandau mini red' if I remember correctly.

Post trim
cw2VNDJ.jpg

Just added more Corydoras pygmaeus to a total of 9 and 15 Hyphessobrycon amandae. I've removed the moss balls again and added some small rocks with taiwan moss glued on. Just can't have a tank without moss it seems:D

Pre glasware cleaning ;)

Jokes aside, the tank is looking healthy and crisp clean!
Haha, the worst thing is that it's only around two weeks since i cleaned them last time. Might switch to steel one day. And thanks! I'm suprised myself how little algae I've got.

Haha, the worst thing is that it's only around two weeks since i cleaned them last time. Might switch to steel one day. And thanks! I'm suprised myself how little algae I've got.

You might want to go for an steel inlet, which is the worst to clean when in glass, and keep the glass lily pipe outlet which is easy to clean without disasembling. ;)

Tank looks great BTW.

You might want to go for an steel inlet, which is the worst to clean when in glass, and keep the glass lily pipe outlet which is easy to clean without disasembling. ;)

Tank looks great BTW.
Great idea and thanks!

The small corys are just lovely and are much bolder now that I have a proper number the ember tetras are really nice as well although a bit more active than I expected.. They had H. amapaensis in the shop as well but they were really expensive unfortunetaly. They looked really nice though so it was tempting.

I always felt like one of the branches had an unnatural angle compared to the others, so I removed. Do you think it looks better without it or should I add it back in?
vyHPubr.jpg

Btw, I'm running very low CO2 levels - around 0.3 bps - the drop checker never gets green. So relatively high light, lean dosing and low CO2 can work - at least in this layout.

Johan, what is the brown colour covering the sand on the left hand side of the tank?

As it only seems to be on the area of sand where the roots are, I'm guessing it's coming from the branches. I recently planted a tank using Redmoor Roots for the first time and my sand has gone the same colour.

Johan, what is the brown colour covering the sand on the left hand side of the tank?

As it only seems to be on the area of sand where the roots are, I'm guessing it's coming from the branches. I recently planted a tank using Redmoor Roots for the first time and my sand has gone the same colour.
I think it's just detritus collecting in that part of the tank due to the flow.

Lovely looking scape :thumbup:

Reactions: JEK
Love this scape makes me want a 60cm again i also like the thought of no carpet just looks great and love the triangle composition.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Love this scape makes me want a 60cm again i also like the thought of no carpet just looks great and love the triangle composition.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thank you! I really like triangular compositions as well, but I feel like I'm doing them too much so next scape will be a v shape. And I'll try to make the hardscape more maitenance friendly and limit the number of species to under 10 next time ( I have over 20 species of plants in this scape :D).

Back