• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Does Inline diffuser flow direction matter?

Wookii

I know this may end being a stupid question, but does it really matter which direction the water flows through a typical inline CO2 diffuser - in my case one of the JBL Proflora ones.

Typical installation I believe is for them to be upright, as shown in the image below, and for the water flow to be upwards from bottom to top (blue arrow). For various reasons that I won't bore folks with, it may be more convenient for me to install it, still in the same orientation, but with the flow in the opposite direction (red arrow) from top to bottom.

upload_2019-12-19_10-41-56.png

I'm assuming it won't make the slightest difference, but I just thought I'd check before deciding how to go on?

Cant see it making any difference IMO, I use the JBL Proflora ones and my flow is in the red direction
as it suits with the DIY APS EF2 CO2 reactors
View attachment 130052

Thanks Zeus. Sorry for my ignorance, but "DIY APS EF2 CO2 reactors"? So you are using an additional reactor after the diffuser?

I had assumed previously that those images (have seen your bubble rate video on other threads) was showing the diffuser on the outlet of a canister filter. Now I've taken a proper double take, I see that it can't be as it's not large enough!

Do you have a design thread?

Back