• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trimming Moss

I have some plain Java Moss and also some Christmas Moss that needs a bit of a trim. What’s the best way of doing this without it looking like it’s just been to the barbers?! :lol:

With java moss it tends to grow a bit unruly so I just literally pull some of the longest pieces off, as it grows back really quick.
I did trim it with scissors once or twice but ended up with tiny fragments of moss all over the tank.

Pulling it off of whatever its attached to isn't the most gracious way but at least I get the off cuts out of the aquarium.

Java tends to look thicker and better with trimming ,interestingly I find it looks different in different locations in the aquarium on the substate area it can look like a different species

The Moss are just fixed to stones so I can easily remove them. I may try just pulling a few bits off.

The Moss are just fixed to stones so I can easily remove them. I may try just pulling a few bits off.

I would lift the stones out if its an easy then trim :thumbup:

Back