• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keep angels in your tanks?

Keetchy

Do any of you guys keep Angels in your aquascaped tanks?

2 issues I'm concerned about. The angels nipping away at the moss growing on the wood and rock and also the angels nipping at the shoals of small fish I have and shrimp.

I can get rid of the 2 angels I got if I need to but if any of you have kept them with no issues then I might keep them

I have four.in my heavy planted big tank no issues with other fish but i think you will struggle with keeping shrimp

I have four.in my heavy planted big tank no issues with other fish but i think you will struggle with keeping shrimp
Ah so the shrimp may be an issue? I have 5 ammano at the minute which seem to be doing ok with the angels. But I wanna get smaller shrimp too so might have to just stick with ammano

I kept a single Angel quite large with smaller tetras no issues. They are chiclids predatory in nature but quite well mannered generally toward other fish unlike some of the chiclid family. I would have thought RCS would be an issue but plenty of hiding plant cover Amano shrimp could be ok Deep bodied tetras, no fin nippers, should do it A neon example could be taken as a tasty morsel.Strange thing about info on Angelfish That last one I had was scalare yet the lesser deep bodied leopoldi is described as placid and aggressive depending on what you read

I kept a single Angel quite large with smaller tetras no issues. They are chiclids predatory in nature but quite well mannered generally toward other fish unlike some of the chiclid family. I would have thought RCS would be an issue but plenty of hiding plant cover Amano shrimp could be ok Deep bodied tetras, no fin nippers, should do it A neon example could be taken as a tasty morsel.Strange thing about info on Angelfish That last one I had was scalare yet the lesser deep bodied leopoldi is described as placid and aggressive depending on what you read
Thanks for your input bud. Will definitely just stick to ammano shrimp. They're big enough to fend for themselves

What about angels with guppies? The misses likes both these fish but I said to her she might have to just stick to either angels or guppies. Will the angels go for the guppies frilly tails and fins?

I wouldn't fancy guppies not the fastest out of the blocks as you find when catching them ,good excuse to set up another tank for the wife:) I prefer Angel's with area specific fish Cardinals or and Rummy Nose tetras look great and they grow just a bit bigger and can move swiftly, there are some nice deep bodied teras that are not fin nippers

You may be ok with shorter tailed guppies. As they are not weighed down with finnage. Like coffer, spear, pin, top sword etc. There are still.a plethora of colors in shorter tailed. Hypsobelias has a large variety on his Ebay store.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't fancy guppies not the fastest out of the blocks as you find when catching them ,good excuse to set up another tank for the wife:) I prefer Angel's with area specific fish Cardinals or and Rummy Nose tetras look great and they grow just a bit bigger and can move swiftly, there are some nice deep bodied teras that are not fin nippers
I'll stick to just the 2 angels then and leave the guppies out for another tank. Lol

You may be ok with shorter tailed guppies. As they are not weighed down with finnage. Like coffer, spear, pin, top sword etc. There are still.a plethora of colors in shorter tailed. Hypsobelias has a large variety on his Ebay store.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thanks bud. I'll prob get guppies if I ever set up a separate tank :thumbup:

Back