• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small brush for cleaning rocks

BarryH

Does anyone know what the brush is in this YT video? It looks to be about toothbrush size but also seems to be angled.

A water proof electric toothbrush works well too. We had an old one which I commandeered and it works a treat

That's a great little brush Zozo and even beter to hear it's still going strong.

I found the OXO Good Grips Deep Clean Brush Set on Amazon UK:

Last edited:
The Wilko ones look good and quite a bit cheaper than the Amazon ones Siege.

They are really good. You’ll find you’ll mainly use the silver metal ones on hardscape. They last about 6 months depending on how hard you scrub!

You’ll find them everywhere, fleabay, DIY shops etc if you haven’t got a wilko near you.

nobody else find wire brushes overkill to clean rocks? I just use a very soft bodyshop exfoliating brush my OH got in a gift set a few years ago.....and just a normal toothbrush

nobody else find wire brushes overkill to clean rocks?

Not overkill, but it might be unsafe to think of a grinding stone to sharpen knives. That is what the rock will do, it aggressively polishes and grinds off the metal wires from the brush and leave residu on the rock. If the wires are simply iron nothing much will happen. If it contains brass (Copper/zinc) or other alloys it might not be a good idea.

The problem with wire brushes and stainless steel products like the Dennerle Cleanator is that they inevitably leave bits of metal in your tank.
I've always found a toothbrush to be more than adequate, preferably someone else's...

These are my cleanup tools. The Artists brushes are very handy at times, one has slightly harder hairs than the other.
2DD1B42F-722B-4758-8C80-6681429E00AB.jpeg

The problem with wire brushes and stainless steel products like the Dennerle Cleanator is that they inevitably leave bits of metal in your tank.
I've always found a toothbrush to be more than adequate, preferably someone else's...

Your wife must be pleased about that! :lol:

I found the OXO Good Grips Deep Clean Brush Set on Amazon UK:

Really impressed with the OXO Deep Clean Brushes, they arrived a short while ago. The bristles are quite firm and the grips are really comfortable. The smaller brush also has a shaped rubber tip that will be good for tight corners around the tank.

I just use the washing up scrubbing brush and used them daily at maidenhead. The round headed ones worked best and very cheap from poundland or wilkos. And they don't shed bristles.
Used to use a potato brush, but found it left bristles in the water.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back