• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Thanks for that info mate i dont really know much about lean dosing but i take it its just dosing exactly what is needed daily rather than EI.

And u have read a few people saying those lights are excellent so hopefully your happy with it.

I also am going to seperate the inlet and outlet as you have to front and back of the tank. Is the co2 method inline ?

Thanks dea

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Haven't any luck with EI for now. Keep in mind that aquascaped tank have less plants than dutch style , so leaner dosage is actually safer, you could always increase when using lots of demanding plants (in my case, h. Pinnitifida and h.palustris are consuming lots of macros...)

And yes, I'm using inline CO2 art diffuser, had the bazooka in the past and it´s excellent too...the inline is more discrete that´s All. I always put my in/outlet this way (if hardscape permit it), I think it gives better flow.;)

Should receive the vivid 2 on tuesday 14, can't wait.

The beast is in place...more pics tomorrow!

200114094733102808.jpg

Ps: what app should I use to control it? Thanks

I find the chihiros magic app better than the newer chihiros app for the vivid 1 but not sure if the new app works better with the vivid 2 or not

I find the chihiros magic app better than the newer chihiros app for the vivid 1 but not sure if the new app works better with the vivid 2 or not

I used the old app as the new one doesn't find the vivid bt...difficult to set up because of the lag but seems to work. :D

Set it at 50% power for the blue and the green and 66% for the reds. Plants pearling heavy after 10min of lights, incredibly powerful in comparaison to my old twinstar E.:wideyed:

Here's some livestock shots under this setup;

200115021940488858.jpg

200115021940276900.jpg

Them colours look stunning, amazes me the difference a powerful light creates, have you have to up the co2 ?

Thanks dean

Ps: what app should I use to control it? Thanks

I also prefer the old app in terms of functionality; the new app is too hard to get it to 'lock' into a time slot. I thought that would give finer control over the dimming but after an email to Chihiros, whilst the light will change levels every minute it only does this by looking at the settings for each half hour.

This all goes for the V1, I'm not sure if they've changed that for V2.

I also prefer the old app in terms of functionality; the new app is too hard to get it to 'lock' into a time slot. I thought that would give finer control over the dimming but after an email to Chihiros, whilst the light will change levels every minute it only does this by looking at the settings for each half hour.

This all goes for the V1, I'm not sure if they've changed that for V2.

Unfortunately my vivid2 doesn't seem to work with the v1 app for now But I'm ok with the new app :)

Actually at 80% power on the reds, 40% on the blue and 60% on the greens, so aprox 60% of 130w, insane pearling, loving it.

200117081229968248.jpg

200117081230411714.jpg

Thanks!

But I've actually closed my account...social network are definitively an big loss of Time and knowledge...ukaps and forum is where I learn things...insta is just good for ads. Peace.

Agreed, but for inspiration it is good.
There are some awesome scapers around that are not on the forums.

Looks super healthy and well maintained :)

Thanks mate, appreciate that, not so well maintained but it doesn't show...yet. :)

Hahaha, you beat me.
But I am Dubai... here nature exists out of sand, sand, sand and sand.... and camels.

Ah! Sorry I feel your pain. :D

One week after putting the vivid 2.0 from chihiros, the results are already Stunning;

Rotala h´ra:

200123105251889371.jpg

Rotala rotundifolia:

20012310525164572.jpg

Rotala colorata:

200123105250694805.jpg

Hygrophila Pinatifida:

200123105252239950.jpg

And my fav troublemaker:

200123105252788380.jpg

Cheers

That colour is amazing, unbelevable how much difference lighting makes to plant colours.

Thanks for sharing
Dean

Thanks mate, appreciate that, not so well maintained but it doesn't show...yet. :)

Ah! Sorry I feel your pain. :D

One week after putting the vivid 2.0 from chihiros, the results are already Stunning;

Rotala h´ra:

200123105251889371.jpg

Rotala rotundifolia:

20012310525164572.jpg

Rotala colorata:

200123105250694805.jpg

Hygrophila Pinatifida:

200123105252239950.jpg

And my fav troublemaker:

200123105252788380.jpg

Cheers

Great shots! Out of interest what camera/lens/settings combo do you use for those?

So how are you finding the light now after a week of owning it? Are you running at similar light levels as your previous light or greater? Are you going to add any shades like you did with your previous light?

That colour is amazing, unbelevable how much difference lighting makes to plant colours.

Thanks for sharing
Dean

Sure, that 3 in 1 RGB led helps, but I think the power is the key for red plants. This light is 5500lumens at full power but I use it at 60% so about 3300lumens, that is considered as high lightning on a 60P tank. (was previously at 2100lumens with my twinstar E600).

Keep in mind that with powerful lightning you'll need lot of co2, good ferts and good maintenance because the growth rate is impressive. ;)

Great shots! Out of interest what camera/lens/settings combo do you use for those?

So how are you finding the light now after a week of owning it? Are you running at similar light levels as your previous light or greater? Are you going to add any shades like you did with your previous light?

Thanks, I use a panasonic gx80 with an macro olympus 30mm lens.

Very happy with the lightning for now, very good growth and color rendition, as explained before, I run it at only 60% but that's alreay a lot more than it was before with my twinstar.

I don't think I'll be adding shades because the light is only 15cm above the water lever, so it doesn't bother me. I think they will be shades available from chihiros soon. :)

Back