• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

when to add Amano shrimp to a new aquascape ?

DarrenMT10

Coming from keeping fish etc ive allways made sure my tank had Cycled before i added any fish.
been reading up on Aquascaping and ive read several times now that peeps are adding Amano shrimp to a newly planted aquascape to keep algae at bay untill the plants are established.
is this correct and if so how many should i be looking at for a 200 ltr tank ?

That's perhaps not the most responsible approach in terms of critter welfare. For the most part we tend to use plants to help cycle the tank first and once that has been done add a clean up crew. It helps enormously if you plant very densely from the outset.

That's perhaps not the most responsible approach in terms of critter welfare. For the most part we tend to use plants to help cycle the tank first and once that has been done add a clean up crew. It helps enormously if you plant very densely from the outset.
Thats what i thought. Wasnt happy to put shrimp into the scape before its completely cycled. Hence i posted the question. And i must say your advice in this post and my other thread has been most valued so a big Thank You to Tim Harrison. You sir rock

Back