• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keetchy's rescaped, 1st Iwagumi tank (Page 7)

A floating ring made up for the floating plants. To reduce the amount they get pushed around the tank and to stop them getting stuck in the corners and sucked into the surface cleaner

20200122_164338.jpg

So 2 weeks after planting and filling up the tank, I can see some growth already on some plants I didnt expect to see this early on. The MC is doing pretty well I think and as expected, the Zosterifolia is having to be trimmed every 3 or 4 days. Lol.

Day 2

20200115_205724.jpg

20200115_180737.jpg

Day 14

20200127_212619.jpg

20200125_162942.jpg

And then a little trim up round the back of the wood

20200127_212635.jpg

I really like that stainless steel spraybar. Is that DIY? I recently mounted green Eheim spraybar on my SS pipes and I was thinking about either transparent pipes and now I saw your SS one. Its something.

I really like that stainless steel spraybar. Is that DIY? I recently mounted green Eheim spraybar on my SS pipes and I was thinking about either transparent pipes and now I saw your SS one. Its something.
Thanks bud. Yeah its DIY. Got the pipe from Ebay. 316 marine grade stainless steel. Then just drilled holes in it (very poorly as you can see) :p Same with the inlet pipe, but at least the pre filter sponge covers the poorly drilled holes on that :lol:

So the reactor arrived today. Just waiting on a couple of reducers to arrive then I'll get it plumbed in. I have read on a really old thread on here about the C02 nipple being really brittle so I will be fitting a piece of air line to the nipple and then a non return valve onto that so will disconnect the reactor from the non return valve so I'll never have to touch the connection onto the chamber

20200131_225031.jpg

Just a quick one mate is the 24.4 the temp of your tank? If so I'd drop it to 22 co2 dissolves better at 22 degrees

Cheers
J

Just a quick one mate is the 24.4 the temp of your tank? If so I'd drop it to 22 co2 dissolves better at 22 degrees

Cheers
J
Hey man. Weird thing is I have the temp set to 24 but for some reason the tank is always sitting hotter than that. Room temp is about 22° so I have no idea why the tank water sits above 24 :confused:o_O

So is 22° ok for the fish to be in? Only reason I have it set to 24 is because I didnt think fish would like it colder than that

Yeah the fish will be fine all of AG tanks and when I spoke to Dave about it as I was buying my reg from there and he says all the diffrent fish they have had over the years none have had a issue with that temp

Cheers
J

What are your planning to keep?
A variety of tetra (rummeynoses, ember, lemon, cardinal), Harlequins, Appistagrammas, couple of angels, amano, plec, corys, ottos and maybe couple of gourmai

Yeah the fish will be fine all of AG tanks and when I spoke to Dave about it as I was buying my reg from there and he says all the diffrent fish they have had over the years none have had a issue with that temp

Cheers
J
Ah that's brilliant. Ok thanks for the info. I'll drop the temp then as long as the fish I listed above are ok in that temp :thumbup:

Alternathera not doing too good. A week ago I cut a load of melting leaves off and now a week later I cut more melting leaves off. Is this not gonna last? Is it worth me ripping it out and replacing with another red plant like Ludwigia Palustris or Limnophila Hippuridoides?

20200204_183821.jpg

20200204_183829.jpg

20200204_183846.jpg

Wow that is a lot of diffrent fish Haha I think plecs will see your tank as a massive salad bar
I have Cory's tetra harlequins ottos in my tanks at 22

I always Alternathera takes a while to get going I'd just keep trimming it back and give it a month or so. it probs the transition stage

Wow that is a lot of diffrent fish Haha I think plecs will see your tank as a massive salad bar
I have Cory's tetra harlequins ottos in my tanks at 22

I always Alternathera takes a while to get going I'd just keep trimming it back and give it a month or so. it probs the transition stage
You reckon the plecs will munch all the leaves up? I have a yellow phantom at the mo and was gonna get a bristlenose too. But if you reckon they'll munch on all the plants, I'll leave them out :confused:

Yeah I've been told by a couple of people now to let the Alternathera settle properly before ripping it out. I'll hold fire on that then

I think they will mate from what I've read in the past and would they also pull up the fine rooted mc I'm not sure would probably put it out there and ask the experts just wouldnt want to see all your hard work go to waste mate

J

Back