• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What would you put in here?

colmans

I'm under some relatively strong orders at home to add some relatively larger fish into the tank to add a bit more interest. Currently I'm stocked with 24 Cardinals and 12 embers along with a few ottos. Size is 120 x 50 x 50 and the plants have more growing in to do so more fish aren't going in yet. I've though about Congos and Pearl Gouramis but I'm struggling making a decision!! Any other good suggestions greatly appreciated!

upload_2020-2-7_19-15-54.png

If your looking for interest go with the pearls. Their behaviour is a lot more interactive both with the hardscape, plants and also with people outside the tank :)

Have you thought about Bolivian rams? Even angelfish?

Pearl Gouramis also usually move slowly and gracefully, so they don't make a tank look crowded, like fast-moving fish of a similar size. And they won't bother your other fish. They should please the other members of the household too. I like Snakeskin Gouramis, but they are not so easy to appreciate for non fish lovers. :)

I think pearl gourami would be your best bet. As mentioned they’re abit more interesting than a shoaler and the male in full breeding in colour is stunning. They’ll look great in there.

cheers

conor

Thanks guys, I do have quite a bit of flow around the tank with a couple of biomaster 600s. Would the pearls be fine with that or would that suit the rams a bit more.

Cheers

Johnny

@Matt @ ScapeEasy would the Rams still be fine at a slightly lower temp? I'm running at 22 at the moment. I could edge it up if needed but don't want to run it too high.

Thanks again.

Johnny

Back