• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TC420 controller manufacturer???

Keetchy

Hey

Does anyone know who the manufacturer is of the TC420 controller unit? I cant save any modes I create to my laptop. It comes up with a debug error and then resets all the values. Want to contact them to see if they can help me out.

I never had any problems with PLed and Debug errors.. But i'm still on Windows 7..

But i'm still on Windows 7..

Clinging on to your old hardware :lol: all said it was a wicked gaming platform in its day and took some time before Microsoft came up with a worthy replacement which was/is Win 10. Having said that do have a Panasonic 308 phone system at work, which a cant get a Win 10 driver for and I still use an old Win7 laptop to log into the Panasonic 308 :rolleyes:

No issues on Win10 here

No not the hardware, it's a by now 7-year-old Dell XPS i7 quad core 8 gig ram, was W10 compatible the day it came out. I'm more hanging to the OS i know and never liked W10 that much.

But what is funny, never ever an issue but suddenly, i first got a few BSODs then discovered a few driver issues, 5 days later M$ popped me a message at startup that 14 jan 2020 no longer service on W7 please upgrade. :lol: I bet they launched a final update for that causing the bsod and driver issues to scare and force everybody to upgrade.

I might one of these days but still, yet don't feel the need too.

7-year-old Dell XPS i7 quad core 8 gig ram

Only fault with some of these laptops was the mechanical hard drive made the machine so slow to boot and use, I have for many years always fitted a Solid State Drive (SSD) to all my PCs and Laptops which transforms the machines. I do have several PCs at work with Barton duel core CPUs (which I use to game on) which came out in 2003 and they run Win10 fine.

Win10 was a pain at first but over the years it has improved lots ;) you should go onto Win10 just for the updates and free anti Virus if for nothing else. It wouldn't surprise me if your laptops motherboard already has a licensed copy of Win10 linked to it and you juts need to install Win10 . I find find using the Win10 installation via USB and the install tool relatively painless - except for the loads of updates once installed

Dont think we are too off topic here m8 :oops: :lol::lol::lol:

the mechanical hard drive made the machine so slow to boot and use
So true, i crashed it's HDD beyond repair in about 4 years time. :rolleyes:

Solid State Drive (SSD)

I was thinking of that before i install W10.. First i have to find out if there is an adapter for this model available to install the SSD where the DVD drive is. Don't use it anyway. Then make me a dual boot, the old W7 and then W10 on the extra SSD.

On all the laptops I have done its just a case of take old the old HDD clone it too the new SSD which is the same size normally and fit the laptop no problem. The HDD in laptops are normally pants IMO/IME Plus SSD prices have come down so much over the years.
You might be able to fit a new SSD in the laptop as well as the old HDD, but cant see no real reason why the old HDD isnt put in the cupboard to save for later and throw away in 20 years time.
Win10 also keeps SSD trimmed on a daily basis which doesnt take long a few secs so no need to defrag like on HDDs

I normally use PCpartpicker for all my hardware, shows whats on the market and price for you nl.pcpartpicker 100 euros for 500GB or 150 euros for 1.0TB cant remember which form factor laptops use but nothing you can sort out ;)

Back