• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much lighting?

Richard40

Aquascape been running for a week. Wondering how much light to use to start with and for how long? Then when to increase the amount coming in over the next few weeks?

It’s a 130 litre. Have ordered a Twinstar 600SA. Currently using a Fluval Plant 3.0 until it arrives. Will be heavily planted tank as have ordered more plants.

No, I didn’t realise you could order one. I’ll lol into it. How long at 50% would you say?

Yeh that’s the same one as on Amazon. Cheers. Would you then ramp up to 100% after 5 weeks?

Yeh that’s the same one as on Amazon. Cheers. Would you then ramp up to 100% after 5 weeks?

NO- all depends on how the plants and algae are doing if all is fine then 60% for 4-6 weeks.

For the first 30mins from lights on have it ramp form 0.0% to your lighting intensity 50% as plants needs a little time to get working

I saw a similar post about this, will do. So the idea is each 4-6 weeks check conditions and increase by 10%

I saw a similar post about this, will do. So the idea is each 4-6 weeks check conditions and increase by 10%

Yes, its all to easy to overload your tank with too much light and by the time you spot the holes and melting of the plants its too late. Much better to use less light esp at first when getting the CO2 right

Back