• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant leaf getting hols and melting

Pratheep

1A5A81D8-F2D2-40E2-967B-A34ED9EDAFCC.jpeg
Hi
I having my plant tank from January 2020 i am using basic co2 and plant Fertiliser Easy-Life ProFito but last couple of week i Seen Changes in one particular plant type leaf getting hols and melting could anyone help please
1B80BD49-4823-4CC3-94E1-50C65C14A10E.jpeg

Hi all,
Welcome @Pratheep.
plant Fertiliser Easy-Life ProFito
I'm not a branded fertiliser user, but I don't think this contains any nitrogen (N) or phosphorus (P)? If you add CO2 you increase the plants demand for nutrients, and nitrogen is the one <"that plants need most of">.

You need to add a <"fertiliser that contains all the essential nutrients for plant growth">. Have a look at <"It's very Green">.

If the holes are in the older leaves? It may be potassium (K) deficiency, but this may be caused by a lack of nitrogen etc.

cheers Darrel

Basic CO2 is that aerosol or yeast based? It will probably still give the plants a higher demand of all nutrients for faster growth On a low tech the fish will help provide these An easy way to supply all nutrients would be the EA Aquascper which can be decreased or increased daily to suit all types of planted aquarium.

I'm not a branded fertiliser user, but I don't think this contains any nitrogen (N) or phosphorus (P)? If you add CO2 you increase the plants demand for nutrients, and nitrogen is the one <"that plants need most of">.

You need to add a <"fertiliser that contains all the essential nutrients for plant growth">. Have a look at <"It's very Green">.

If the holes are in the older leaves? It may be potassium (K) deficiency, but this may be caused by a lack of nitrogen etc.

cheers Darrel

I agree with @dw1305 , this is without any doubts lack of NO3 and K (and probably PO4 too). Source: I'm long term user/copier of Profito formula, this is brilliant micronutrient fertilizer but it must be accompanied by the NPK (there is not enough K in the Profito and there is no N and no P at all).

Water-soluble potassium oxide K2O: 1%.
Trace elements:
0.24% Fe iron,
0.31% MgO magnesium oxide,
0.02% B boron,
0.10% Mn manganese,
0.002% Zn zinc,
0.003% Cu copper,
0.003% Al aluminium,
0.003% Co cobalt,
0.003% Ni Nickel,
0.003% Li Lithium,
0.002% Se Selenium,
0.003% Va Vanadium,
0.001% Sc Scandium,
0.002% Te Tellurium,
0.002% Nb niobium.
Chelate EDTA, DTPA, NTA.

Hi all,
Welcome @Pratheep. I'm not a branded fertiliser user, but I don't think this contains any nitrogen (N) or phosphorus (P)? If you add CO2 you increase the plants demand for nutrients, and nitrogen is the one <"that plants need most of">.

cheers Darrel

Thank you @dw1305 I attended label of Profito.
So am i able to use both fertiliser that you recommended one and easy life profito?
C53FB79F-D3E4-4DCC-8328-2E8F3DAF76D1.jpeg

I agree with @dw1305 , this is without any doubts lack of NO3 and K (and probably PO4 too). Source: I'm long term user/copier of Profito formula, this is brilliant micronutrient fertilizer but it must be accompanied by the NPK (there is not enough K in the Profito and there is no N and no P at all).

Trace elements:
0.24% Fe iron,
0.02% B boron,
0.10% Mn manganese,
0.002% Zn zinc,
0.003% Cu copper,
0.003% Al aluminium,
0.003% Co cobalt,
0.003% Ni Nickel,
0.003% Li Lithium,
0.002% Se Selenium,
0.003% Va Vanadium,
0.001% Sc Scandium,
0.002% Te Tellurium,
0.002% Nb niobium.
Chelate EDTA, DTPA, NTA.

Hi @Witcher do you recommend and fertiliser?

Hi @Pratheep you can buy dry KNO3 and KH2PO4 salts on ebay etc - this will be your main source of K, N and P. If you need more of K in relation to the rest, you can also buy K2SO4. There is a big chance you'll need to add Mg at some point as water in UK generally don't contain too much of it - Epsom salts MgSO4 is a good source of Mg.
Then download @Zeus. fert calculator: https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/fert-dosing-calculator-v1-5-beta-°dgh-°dkh-added.60034/
and start to dose the salts depending of concentration you need in the water.

As your tank is not heavily planted (yet) I'd start at around 5ppm of NO3 weekly, 0.5-1ppm of PO4 and approx. 5-10ppm of K - can't tell you definitive amounts as it depends on on the other factors too (light, CO2, amount of Profito you dose etc.). Remove all affected leaves, start from lowest dose, observe the results and slowly increase if necessary.

Hi all,
Thanks @Pratheep.
Trace elements:
0.24% Fe iron,
0.02% B boron,
0.10% Mn manganese,
0.002% Zn zinc,
0.003% Cu copper,
0.003% Al aluminium,
0.003% Co cobalt,
0.003% Ni Nickel,
0.003% Li Lithium,
0.002% Se Selenium,
0.003% Va Vanadium,
0.001% Sc Scandium,
0.002% Te Tellurium,
0.002% Nb niobium.
Chelate EDTA, DTPA, NTA.
That is very useful. So lacking in the three macro-elements (N: P : K), but containing all the micro-elements.

cheers Darrel

So lacking in the three macro-elements (N: P : K), but containing all the micro-elements.

cheers Darrel

Yes, and it's called (by Easy Life) "the complete plant food" which may be highly misleading.

Maybe this is the way they want it to work: plants are being fed only by their micro + K >>> plants do melt by lack of N/P >>> melting tissue of plant containing previously acquired N/P is digested by bacteria etc. >>> N/P from leftovers of plant tissue is released into the water column again >>> add more Profito >>> we have partial perpetuum mobile.
I don't fully understand their business model regarding Profito, however it's probably one of the best branded micro I've used, it induces better root growth than Seachem's one for example - at least in my tank. I use Profito's amounts for my micro mixture (excluding those slightly exotic ingredients like Tellurium etc.).

@Pratheep - I've never used single bottle mixtures, so can't say anything about TNC but believe other UKAPS-ers may help you with that.

Mixing and making your own fertilisers is not for everyone Time and ease of use mean liquid fertilisers are the most easy option despite the extra cost .Most of the well known ones(UK) are all very good so it's a matter of choice . George Farmer ,who uses liquid fertilisers has an excellent video on his you tube channel ' How to feed your plants with liquid fertiliser ' I recommend a look for most questions are answered by George

Back