• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blending Sand for colour?

Have any of you tried this to get a particular look? I realise that the particle sizes need to be very similar or over time the larger stuff will end up on the top.

Yes and it works quite well provided that you are not planning to mix a small amount of a very light colour with a very dark colour or vice versa as this can look to ‘speckled’.

Have any of you tried this to get a particular look? I realise that the particle sizes need to be very similar or over time the larger stuff will end up on the top.

Hi @Aqua sobriquet

There are some blended sands available from:

http://www.unipacpet.co.uk/aquatic/aquarium-sand/

I have just set up a tank using one of their products (Samoa Fine Sand). I used to have JBL Manado but, after a while, I felt that the all-brown colour was not particularly natural. I'd add that the Samoa Fine Sand looks lighter 'in the flesh' compared with that shown on the Unipac site (at least to my eyes and PC display). Some of the Maidenhead Aquatics stores stock the Unipac range.

JPC

Back