• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle 10l's

Aqua360

Hi all,

My two dennerle 10l's, these tanks are great for a variety of uses! Tempted to get a third and do a wabi kusa, or move my nepenthes into one...

IMG_20200403_132601.jpg

IMG_20200403_132721.jpg

Hi. Good work on the 10s.
I'm considering a 30 ltr version as my son will be gutted if we don't have a couple of small fish? Maybe i can get one of these too?
I am interested on your view of the standard lights in the kit, 6 watts? I can see that you have changed the second one for the dry start. Are you planning on using c02? Oh, how long have you been doing the dry start for? Good luck. Simon

Hi. Good work on the 10s.
I'm considering a 30 ltr version as my son will be gutted if we don't have a couple of small fish? Maybe i can get one of these too?
I am interested on your view of the standard lights in the kit, 6 watts? I can see that you have changed the second one for the dry start. Are you planning on using c02? Oh, how long have you been doing the dry start for? Good luck. Simon

The dennerle stock kit is superb, in my pics those are cheap Chinese lights :)

The dry start one will stay emersed, I actually prefer plants grown that way :)

No co2 used, moderate lighting :)

Thats great to hear. Thank you.
I also like the plants emersed or slightly swampy looking.
As far as I am aware most of the plants we purchase are grown in such conditions. I was actually considering setting up like this for a few weeks (dry start) and literally drip filling the aquarium to minimise the shock and stir up that can sometimes happen when filling with a saucepan etc!! Do people do this already? no sure?
Anyway thanks for the reply.
Simon.

Thats great to hear. Thank you.
I also like the plants emersed or slightly swampy looking.
As far as I am aware most of the plants we purchase are grown in such conditions. I was actually considering setting up like this for a few weeks (dry start) and literally drip filling the aquarium to minimise the shock and stir up that can sometimes happen when filling with a saucepan etc!! Do people do this already? no sure?
Anyway thanks for the reply.
Simon.

Dripping in, if you have the patience is a great idea; lots of other people do the strainer method, but whatever works for you is best!

Dry start is the way forward, I've started a new aquascape but I've used true aquatic plants so I can't dry start from the get go this time

Back