• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Alternanthera Reineckii ''Mini' Leaf melt and holes in leaves

Hudson

Morning All

I'm currently suffering with leaf melting and holes appearing in my Alternanthera Reineckii and I'm also seeing lots of aerial roots.

I'm not sure what the root cause is, It had been doing fairly well until about a week ago then i noticed a leaf with a hole appear over night. Since then it's continued to spread and yesterday was the worst day so far.

The tank is only 4 weeks old and is going through that settling in period.

ADA 60P with Solar 1 Halide 30cm above tank
Oasebiomaster 350 + Eheim Skim 350
Co2 Injection with Twinstar Neo Diffuser
10ml Dose of Micro/Macro Ei alternative days (Aquariumplantfood liquid recipe).
2ml of Easycarbo spot dosed daily to help with BBA.

Flow is good around the tank apart from one corner which is about 1 hour slower to repsonded on a drop checker.

I'm thinking along the lines of it three possible causes, the easycarbo, too much flow as they or undert fertlising.

I've attached a few photos to help

Attachments

• 20200410_094843.jpg
    20200410_094843.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 739
  • 20200410_094856.jpg
    20200410_094856.jpg
    864.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 20200410_154707.jpg
    20200410_154707.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 468
Been there. Amano shrimps will destroy them if your tank is low on algea.
Drop some fish pellets, pieces of algea waffers etc. in your tank to feed your shrimps.

The growth looks quite healthy bar the damage. I’d say it’s the amanos too. My smaller tiger shrimp managed to much all mine so amanos would do this no problem. For some reason shrimp love to eat it.

Try upping their feeding slightly. My shrimp can be buggers if I stop feeding them for a while, will start munching plant leaves instead.

cheers

Conor

The growth looks quite healthy bar the damage. I’d say it’s the amanos too. My smaller tiger shrimp managed to much all mine so amanos would do this no problem. For some reason shrimp love to eat it.

Try upping their feeding slightly. My shrimp can be buggers if I stop feeding them for a while, will start munching plant leaves instead.

cheers

Conor

Whats a good food. Normally give then shrimp king complete but the last two times they have just turned there noses and ive had to remove it.

Whats a good food. Normally give then shrimp king complete but the last two times they have just turned there noses and ive had to remove it.
To be honest I just chuck in a bit extra of whatever the fish are having, mine will eat anything. You must have fussy shrimp lol. You could always try a bit of blanched vegetable instead like courgette or broccoli, they seem to like that.

cheers

Conor

Back