• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New variety of eriocaulon??

Does anyone know what this plant is?

Is it a new variety of Eriocaulon? I spotted on Facebook but the owner of the tank never got back to me.
(stunning dutch style scape)

Screenshot_20200331-074115_Lite.jpg

PS sorry for the rubbish photo but I've lost original on Facebook..

Does anyone know what this plant is?

Is it a new variety of Eriocaulon? I spotted on Facebook but the owner of the tank never got back to me.
(stunning dutch style scape)

View attachment 133635
PS sorry for the rubbish photo but I've lost original on Facebook..

When leaves colour considered it looks more like Cryptocoryne spiralis red. Would need better photo to be able to tell more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look very like the photo, the only thing that confuses me is that the ADA TISSUE CULTURE - CRYPTOCORYNE SPIRALIS 'TIGER'
grows to 8- 15cm and I'm sure it was in the foreground. Unless it's been only recently planted..

I'm going to have to trawl through Facebook and try and find the original photo.

It does look very like the photo, the only thing that confuses me is that the ADA TISSUE CULTURE - CRYPTOCORYNE SPIRALIS 'TIGER'
grows to 8- 15cm and I'm sure it was in the foreground. Unless it's been only recently planted..

I'm going to have to trawl through Facebook and try and find the original photo.

That would be spiralis red not spiralis tiger and I wouldn’t rely of what they say on the label. It grows much bigger than 8-15cm. More likely 50-60cm. Like you said, most likely it was a small plantlet freshly planted. If it was eriocaulon it would most likely be e. Quinquangulare but that doesn’t have the green bright stripes across the middle of the leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back