• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DISASTER

Hope everything pulls thru for you Richard

Id contact the supplier of the tank, if its a recent purchase
3 years old, can’t see getting anywhere. You never know, I have contacted Aqua One. Not expecting anything other than tough though.

What a nightmare- sorry to hear this. At least there was no harm to you and your family. As others have said critters should be fine in a bucket with something as a lid for a while- water changes and rather than worry about a low is temp (not too bad this time of year) try and keep the temp constant- you could insulate the bucket so as to keep some of the daytime temp. Also some water movement such as air stone.

They are all in my 60p. I lost about 10 fish. Seem to be doing fine. Water changes start tomorrow.

Oh really. That’s interesting John. Can you shed any light as to whether they got a refund or anything similar?

Clearly it’s a weak point or the sealing isn’t up to standard.

Yes mine is 3, I've sent an e-mail as clearly this is an issue. At least I've tried if they get back and say they can't refund.

Yes mine is 3, I've sent an e-mail as clearly this is an issue. At least I've tried if they get back and say they can't refund.
I'm sorry to hear what happened to you, Richard. You might want to try to approach them via some social media instead. In my experience, companies are more inclined to help if you "harass" them publicly. Good luck!

Thanks, yes I sent a message on Instagram and instantly received a reply! Currently sending through pics as we speak.

So they've offered a reduction in price of a new tank! Wrote back not good enough as has happened before, and threatened with trading standards. It's only 2 years old not 3 like I thought originally.

IANAL but I think the trading standards people would expect an aquarium to last a lot longer than 2 or 3 years.

Trading standards put me onto Citizens advice, who told me to contact them within my rights to ask for a repair or refund. Aqua one are putting it on the store I bought it from.

That's a poor response from Aqua One. I've had 3 of their tanks in the last 10 years but I won't be getting another.

It's a shame I'm no longer in contact with the work mate who also had this problem as I could have got the pictures from him he had on his phone. It may have added a bit of weight to your claim.

So they've offered a reduction in price of a new tank! Wrote back not good enough as has happened before, and threatened with trading standards. It's only 2 years old not 3 like I thought originally.

What level of reduction have they offered? If it's a fair amount it might be worth considering. I know some have had issues but I have had the Aqua Nano 40 and 60 for well over 5 years with no issue. Plus, if there was truly a problem with manufacturing then I'd be pretty confident that would have been remedied by now

They haven't said what level of reduction tbh. I don't want another really as i'll be worried the same thing could happen again, would always be on my mind.

Back