• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A simple hydrocotyle wabi

Aqua360

Hi all,

I recently got a wabi set from aquarium gardens, it's a smart little vase and magnetic light set; value wise it's kind of at the upper threshold of what I'd say it's worth.

Anyway I recently set it up with a studio aquatica substrate ball, Xmas moss and hydrocotyle tripartita.

Nice thing about this wabi kusa is no cling film needed, at least during the summer months; the hydrocotyle has adapted well and will hopefully continue to do so :)

IMG_20200507_005511.jpg
IMG_20200507_005521.jpg

Nice! Following, I have the same kit but it’s still waiting to be planted (I am using the light for another bowl at the moment). Do you mean you don’t need cling film because of your plant choice?

Nice! Following, I have the same kit but it’s still waiting to be planted (I am using the light for another bowl at the moment). Do you mean you don’t need cling film because of your plant choice?

Thanks, what are your plans for yours? :)

Yes, the hydrocotyle has adapted well to open air, in my other emersed set-ups I use cling film; I think the fact the wabi kusa ball sits directly in water and has soaked completely through, helps a lot!

Really makes me want to try it with other plants like Monte Carlo, but not sure how successful id be

Not sure...this was an impulse buy at Vivarium last year and has been waiting since. I am new to Wabi-Kusa, good to see examples :)

I used a studio aquatica substrate ball for this one, from scaped nature. Not overly cheap for the ball, but it does a good job so it's not a bad option if you don't fancy the DIY option!

Back