• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Forum has been upgraded

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi everyone,

Just a quick message to say that the forum has been upgraded to a new version, most of the functionality remains the same.

If you do notice something that doesnt quite work as you expect or you think there is something missing please let me know by replying to this message.

This has taken a lot of my time to get this to work but in turn this should make the forum feel a little more up to date and also quicker.

I had to create all the forum Styles from scratch for those that prefer a darker option there is one available, on the bottom left of the forum you will see the current style name "UKAPS Light Style" just click on that and select "UKAPS Dark Style" from the pop up list.

As always there was a need to spend some extra funds on addons etc... with this upgrade so donations are always appreciated.

Couple things:

- Bookmark have been lost with the upgrade, was no way to import them across
- Plantbase needs a lot more work to bring back, so I will see what I can do with that over the next week.

One thing to note, the mark read forum has changed slightly:

mark read.PNG

1. The option at the top menu marks all forums on UKAPS as read, so becareful with this button!
2. when you are inside a forum you will get this new option, this will only mark the forum you are in as read!

Enjoy UKAPS again :)

Cheers
Paulo

Last edited:
A very big thank you Paulo for giving up both your time and expertise. The new site looks and feels awesome :cool:
I know it's taken many many days, not just to do the actual upgrade but also to do the necessary testing beforehand.
And that it hasn't always been easy, there have been more than a few problems for you to solve along the way too, but you got there in the end :)

How do we make donations?
On the forum list there is a donations button on the sidebar to the right, if you are on a mobile/tablet down at the bottom of the page, thanks :)

I had to create all the forum Styles from scratch for those that prefer a darker option there is one available, on the bottom left of the forum you will see the current style name "UKAPS Light Style" just click on that and select "UKAPS Dark Style" from the pop up list.
Dark style looks awesome too :)

Quick update:

One thing to note, the mark read forum has changed slightly:

mark read.PNG

1. The option at the top menu marks all forums on UKAPS as read, so becareful with this button!
2. when you are inside a forum you will get this new option, this will only mark the forum you are in as read!

Action 1 cannot be undone!

Many thanks ;)

Dark mode will come in handy for night time too, good idea
It was always there in the past, I just made it a little more uniforn now ;)

Oh ok, thought it was a new feature haha 🤦‍♂️
You have to start clicking on stuff on the forum more often, you never know what you going to find ;)

Back