• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Making trace mix for hard water

So do yous think myself and Paul should add FE DTPA to our APFUK Chelated Trace Elements mix?

Well what I did was to make another solution up and add that as well, Fe DTPA does make the water brownish, so if its a little brown there's excess Fe, then see how plants go and easy to increase or decrease dose, then when you know what you need then add it to the APFUK Trace solution mix. Keep it easy and flexible, dosing the FeDPTA at night is better as less photo degradation when lights off ;)

fluctuating nitrates

Nitrates (NO3), No plants will use them and your tap has next to nothing NO3 wise. Prime does touch NO3, good job as we dose it in the Macros or AIO ( All In One) ferts

Nitrites (NO2), Yes prime sorts them out ( I think) @dw1305 !!!, but your water has 0.01 ppm NO2 so its fine, but plants/bacteria sort out NO2 also , just soon because deadly to livestock above a few ppms legal limit is about 1ppm for tap water

Hi all,
Prime does touch NO3, good job as we dose it in the Macros or AIO ( All In One) ferts, Nitrites (NO2), Yes prime sorts them out ( I think) @dw1305 !!!,
I think it will bind NO2-. This is the what the <"Seachem Forum"> says:
.......The dosage you used is plenty to detoxify nitrite. Prime's binding effect is about 48 hrs even for nitrite, so you don't have to dose everyday. One cap is quite enough to take care of any issues with nitrite. It may still show on your test since you have dosed heavily with Prime or if you have tested after the binding effect of Prime .......
Because the Prime just <"basically shuffles the fixed nitrogen into less toxic compounds"> it doesn't remove it and it must become plant available (as NH4+, NO2- or NO3-) at some point.

cheers Darrel

Trying to access the fert calculator link on Zeus sig, using iPad but not working is it me or do I need to fire up a laptop? 🍻

Trying to access the fert calculator link on Zeus sig, using iPad but not working is it me or do I need to fire up a laptop?

Download working here(it was down yesterday due to a tidy up error :oops:), best on PC or laptop ATM IMO. There is an issue with mobiles ATM. But big update release due soon which should sort it plus more features @Hanuman is working on V1.9 ATM and its looking very very cool IMO :cool:

Back