• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants suitable for nano tank

jkh13

I am looking for some plants to decorate my hardscape. It's a rocky scape in a small tank (36L).

I'm finding it quite difficult to judge the scale of plants in images online, was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for small plants which wouldn't look too out of scale with my carpet of glosso and HC.
I was looking at Bucephalandra Mini Needle leaf and Alternanthera Reineckii ''Mini' to go along with coral moss on the rocks, any other leafy nano plants which would look good attached to hardscape?

Hi
Look at Mini/Petite Java Fern... Hydrocotyle tripartita "Mini"... Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis" Mini!
If you are intending to have a few stems, some of the rarer Rotala sp tend to be smaller sized.
hoggie🌿

Reactions: Ray
Thanks for the suggestions people!

Anubias pangolino looks very interesting, always though nana was the smallest. Can't seem to find stock anywhere in the UK though.
Think I might look out for some Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis" as well.

If you have strong light and good CO₂ injection, you could try Rotala wallichii if you want something coppery/pinky coloured. It has a very fine, feathery appearance so it works very well in the scale of a nano tank, and you can keep it trimmed to whatever height you want.

with poor light, no co2:

Crytocoryne albida brown.

Ordered anubias nana petite, buce mini leaf and some MC for now. Also looking out for Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis" mini, can't find any from my usual sources, anyone selling any strands of this?

Was also interested in albida brown but not sure how well it would do under high lights and CO2 I would need to grow out my HC carpet.

Ordered anubias nana petite, buce mini leaf and some MC for now. Also looking out for Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis" mini, can't find any from my usual sources, anyone selling any strands of this?

Was also interested in albida brown but not sure how well it would do under high lights and CO2 I would need to grow out my HC carpet.

Crypts go bonkers in a high tech thank. They will attempt to take over. See posts #90+ in my 90cm journal.

Back