• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

In Tank Glass Ceramic Diffusers

dino21

Hi,

Have been running a simple FE Co2 system in our 50 ltr tank for some months, but seems like the glass diffusers need to be cleaned every month or two to keep the very fine stream going.

Have bought two different sized ones, similar to the pic below, ( ebay generic) but there are an array of various styles and shapes out there.
Seems some have a white ceramic disc, others an orange/brown coloured one.

Are they all much the same ? Are there any that are recommended for a small 50 ltr tank ?

Wondered about the tubular ones, do they perform better or seem less prone to clogging up ?

000184.jpg

Try the aquario neo acrylic diffuser from Aquarian gardens I think it is, they are not so prone to algae and breaking. I used to have one before I switched to an inline diffuser I would recommend

Try the aquario neo acrylic diffuser from Aquarian gardens I think it is, they are not so prone to algae and breaking. I used to have one before I switched to an inline diffuser I would recommend

Thanks Craig, my Aquario Neo diffuser arrived today and yes its seems miles better, very fine diffusion from all around and it also give a clear bubble count unlike the ebay cheapies, even the attaching sucker is almost glass clear, never seen any like that before. :thumbup:

Thanks Craig, my Aquario Neo diffuser arrived today and yes its seems miles better, very fine diffusion from all around and it also give a clear bubble count unlike the ebay cheapies, even the attaching sucker is almost glass clear, never seen any like that before. :thumbup:
Let us know how you get on with this diffuser. I'm betting after a month it will need soaking in bleach after a month so you will need to buy two of them to keep the CO2 going in.

Back