• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape I just went for it. Planting advice would be nice though

Jonatk

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/what-do-you-reckon.61472/

I planned for a few days, then just went for it. Too much time looking at the tank in lock down.
Now I'm not sure what to do with the planting. So if anyone has any thoughts, it would be appreciated.

I changed the whole of the right hand side of the tank, but left the existing plants ( left hand side ) in place. I've filled in the top right with the existing Crypts I had, but I'm not sure if I'm liking it.
On the left there are some Crpyt. Bullosa and Flamingo ( recently added ). The low growing swords are going to stay as they are. I may add some St. Repens to the slopes of the hardscape.
View attachment 1593355281602.jpegView attachment 1593355311157.jpeg

Attachments

• 1593355333875.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 191
It's blooming brilliant. I love the contrast between light and dark. Try to keep those dark colours at the bottom of the rocks - it just looks so natural. The rocks are sick - what are they? I'm not a big mossy balls guy, but I do like them. You must be so happy. My advice - you've achieved it, move on to the next one!

:clap::clap::clap: encore :clap::clap::clap:

It's blooming brilliant. I love the contrast between light and dark. Try to keep those dark colours at the bottom of the rocks - it just looks so natural. The rocks are sick - what are they? I'm not a big mossy balls guy, but I do like them. You must be so happy. My advice - you've achieved it, move on to the next one!

:clap::clap::clap: encore :clap::clap::clap:
Thanks. I was thinking go big. The rocks are a combination of Slate, theres a massive one at the back, and Bassalt. I agree about the moss balls, but the shrimp are loving them at he moment. I have some large 50cm swords to get rid of, any ideas. I've tried our local shop, but it looks like he's closed now, another lock down business that had to close his doors

Back