• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fert Calculator V1.8 - New version out! Check Note first/last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did a quick hack of the program and for the same comparative dose of '0.6g/100l/week' its pretty similar results with a modicum of Mg

1594074250214.png

Does not mention which chelates its using, however if plants are healthy and price is right its a winner as CSM+B is bit overpriced IMO

Did a quick hack of the program and for the same comparative dose of '0.6g/100l/week' its pretty similar results with a modicum of Mg

View attachment 151693

Does not mention which chelates its using, however if plants are healthy and price is right its a winner as CSM+B is bit overpriced IMO

I have attached the Fert Calculator with my values in it.

I am trying to make a 1ml/20L dosing; 3 time a week for both macro and micro - alternate days.

I am unable to go past the 90g/l of K2SO4 solubility limit; but other than that, let me know if I have borked anything.

Thanks,
Madhu.

Attachments

• DIY Fert Calulator -Beta V1.8.xlsx
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
I have attached the Fert Calculator with my values in it.

I am trying to make a 1ml/20L dosing; 3 time a week for both macro and micro - alternate days.

I am unable to go past the 90g/l of K2SO4 solubility limit; but other than that, let me know if I have borked anything.

Thanks,
Madhu.

The salt solubility limit is set at 75% so you should be able to increase the amount to some degree

What PPM are you aiming for? do you have any KCL?
Not sure what regime your using there with should high [NO3,K,Fe] compared to you [PO4,Mg,Ca]

The salt solubility limit is set at 75% so you should be able to increase the amount to some degree

What PPM are you aiming for? do you have any KCL?
Not sure what regime your using there with should high [NO3,K,Fe] compared to you [PO4,Mg,Ca]
@Zeus. , I have in fact altered the solubility of k2so4 not by the 75% limit; but by changing the solubility in one of the hidden sheets from 110g/l to 120g/l (Wikipedia)

I have some KCl on order; should be delivered by Thursday

The regime is loosely based on the TNC complete; the PO4 and iron are low on purpose.

Until @Hanuman releases v1.9 beta, I guess using KCl is kinda out for me.

Thanks!

@Zeus. , I have in fact altered the solubility of k2so4 not by the 75% limit; but by changing the solubility in one of the hidden sheets from 110g/l to 120g/l (Wikipedia)

Yes that's ok too. Solubility of K2SO4 at 25 degrees Celsius is 120g/l and it keeps increasing with temperature. 130g/l at 30 degrees Celsius and so on.
What about increasing dosage from 1ml to 2ml or 3ml? That way you bypass solubility issues entirely by decreasing concentration.

@Hanuman , Any chance of having a look at 1.9?
Sorry but no in my habits to supply half baked cakes. I am still working on it and many things to get around but we are getting there. :cool:

Yes that's ok too. Solubility of K2SO4 at 25 degrees Celsius is 120g/l and it keeps increasing with temperature. 130g/l at 30 degrees Celsius and so on.
What about increasing dosage from 1ml to 2ml or 3ml? That way you bypass solubility issues entirely by decreasing concentration.

I have 1ml / pump bottles and it is easier on my brain (and that of my children) to just press the pump once per day and go about our business. Thats the reason for the 1ml/20L specification

Sorry but no in my habits to supply half baked cakes. I am still working on it and many things to get around but we are getting there. :cool:

Understood. However, it is said that perfect is the enemy of good. ;)

Regards.

Understood. However, it is said that perfect is the enemy of good. ;)
I don't expect it to be perfect, simply functional 😂. Supplying the calculator as is would attract a plethora of questions unnecessarily and you would probably even have wrong results. My only constraint is time lately as I have work reports to finish and those require my upmost priority.

I don't expect it to be perfect, simply functional 😂. Supplying the calculator as is would attract a plethora of questions unnecessarily and you would probably even have wrong results. My only constraint is time lately as I have work reports to finish and those require my upmost priority.

Understood; will wait. Did not mean to hassle you.

Though, I have a question unrelated to the calculator; are my ratios of N-P-K sensible?

Regards.

are my ratios of N-P-K sensible

Are any ratios sensible o_O, all depends whos theory you follow and what elements your talking about, there are no definitive answers that I am aware off.

T Barr advocates Liebigs Law of minimum although you may read some of his early post when be thought that there may off been a 'magic ratio' but at present is the former hes going with.

There does seem to be some Ratio between Ca, Mg and K whereby outside some ratios an excess of one (say High [Ca] )may block the uptake of Mg and K, but again no definitive evidence- my tap water has Ca at 141ppm so I am presently balancing out the Mg and K to fit with suggested theoretical guidelines

Hi all,
That implies my water will turn harder than Superman's fist
I wouldn't get too bogged down in the exact ratios. A lot of plants are adapted to living in <"very calcium rich water"> and have adaptations to allow them to <"uptake other cations">. I wouldn't worry too much about potassium (K), or magnesium (Mg), availability and you can get around potential iron (Fe) issues by <"using a chelator that is designed for harder water">.
my tap water has Ca at 141ppm
That is <"fully saturated with calcium">, where carbonates are present. The calculations are in the link , but that is almost 20dGH before you've added any magnesium.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, I wouldn't get too bogged down in the exact ratios.

Agree... but, there has to be some number thats a little more sensible than some other number.

Lets say I am using RO/DI water with a 0 TDS reading.

My intention is to primarily grow green plants with maybe a couple of red ones.

Let us say the carpet is a blend of HC Cuba and Monte Carlo; the background plants are Rotalas

What ratio of N-P-K-Ca-Mg-Fe would you suggest?

Regards

Agree... but, there has to be some number thats a little more sensible than some other number.

Lets say I am using RO/DI water with a 0 TDS reading.

My intention is to primarily grow green plants with maybe a couple of red ones.

Let us say the carpet is a blend of HC Cuba and Monte Carlo; the background plants are Rotalas

What ratio of N-P-K-Ca-Mg-Fe would you suggest?

Regards
Personally I think if you go down that road you will make your life miserable since there is no consensus and definite answer on ratios. Even experts disagree with each other.

If you are using RO water then simple remineralize the water with calcium, say between 20pm and 30pm. You could also add some carbonates if you require KH to go up a bit. Personally I don't since I have some rocks that do that job so I only add Ca. Then for the rest use the ppm values used by EI or any other dosing style really. They have been proven to be fine and generally speaking balanced.

That's my say on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back