• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua soil in netting

Raquascape

Hi guys,

I was thinking of adding some long plants in the background of my scape.
0cf14a6dda2a5b7d4ef8ec7dc9bc723a.jpg

9c70535b1927a1cf3ce2861935cf0b16.jpg

Maybe plants such as a tall hair grass or vallis, I’m not sure and if you have any suggestions please do tell! I’m just unsure of how to introduce the plants to the back as I just have a very thin layer of sand and not much space.
ceaf241028630f94e6f641a403514f9e.jpg

My idea was to have aquasoil in netted balls on the subrate, which I would then plant the tall plants in at the back. Would this work?

bee188d7a612c884b556d2017cd61d5b.jpg

Cheers guys,

Ra

Rather than netting I’d try some Wabi Kusa versions (much nicer aesthetics ;))

Plant ideas from ADA (these combinations/plants obviously do well
- you can find aquascaping video with Takashi Amano using these for planting (mostly stem plants as I recall, the video then showed the rapid growth from these))

https://www.adana.co.jp/en/contents/products/wabikusa/index.html

You could buy the pre-made version but where’s the fun in that :p

Cyprus helferi, E montevidensis would get my vote over Vallisneria as they’re much more “confined”

There may be some tall Eriocaulan sp (again seen in some video but I’ve no idea which species it was :oops: )

Cyprus Helferi! Good idea. I might choose that :)

I’m aware of wabi kusa techniques, I’ll use that as inspiration, thank you.

I just need my supplies now! Tropica soil, some sort of netting and the plants themselves.

If anyone else has any tips before I go ahead with this that would be such a great help!

Cheers,

Ra

Back