• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape Have I got everything in the right place?

Dan C

Seedling
Finally flooded my dry start, couldn't wait any longer.

Just wondered about the placement of my pipes and co2. you can see the lily pipe top left and the inlet is to the right of the light bracket. Drop checker far right at the back.

I can see the MC moving in the bottom right of the tank so I know there's some flow there. And I customised my Oase biomaster thermo a lot to try and improve flow

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_142630.jpg
    IMG_20200704_142630.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 360
Good morning,
If you following Iwagumi rules, it should be odd numer of the stones. ;) Looking good anyway.
The glassware you can put next to each other. Than you will have full circle around.

If anyone's interested here's an updated pic and a few experiences over the months

MC has grown really well around the front and sides, trimmed it back a few times. But it won't grow round the back of the rock, guessing if I adjust the direction of flow to help push it round? As it seems to grow in the direction of the flow.

hygrophila araguaia and Eriocaulon Cinereum dotted about have grown really well but the S repens and giant hairgrass are growing but realllllyyyy slowly which is confusing, thought they were easy plants with decent growth rate?

Replaced the in tank co2 diffuser for an online atomiser which is miles better and nice to have less gear in the tank.

Added lots of stock, cardinals, cherry barbs, ottos, giant fan shrimp and electric blue rams. All getting along ☺️

Anything I can add to clean the green off the rocks easily?

Been battling BBA too, little hairy black balls, I've cut out the affected parts of the plants, doing weekly water changes, reduced my light, reduced the fish food, increased my co2 and adding liquid co2 but my rocks are still caked in it..I thought it was supposed to go pink then die off?

Other things
I hate trimming MC, find bits floating in the tank for a week after.
Nice to look at but if I ever change I'll be going for a shallow tank much easier to clean and distribute flow throughout.
They look great and so easy to use, built to last etc but the flow from the oase bio master thermo 250 is embarrassing. And that's after I replaced nearly all the foam trays and drilled loads of extra holes in the pre filter tube.
I didn't realize the back of the tank was a black sticker on glass, would have taken that off and tried a diy blue lightscreen.
Wish my tank cabinet was on some heavy duty castors, it's right up against the wall and the pipes run up the back so it's a pain to do anything with the lily pipes or tubes or clean scrape the back glass.

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_162203.jpg
    IMG_20200916_162203.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Good morning,
If you following Iwagumi rules, it should be odd numer of the stones. ;) Looking good anyway.
The glassware you can put next to each other. Than you will have full circle around.
Hi, where can i find more about Iwagumi approach? I am also planning to start my 50lt soon and trying to learn as much as possible.
Thanks

Back