• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello!

Gulczi

Hi everyone,
my name is Peter and Im from Poland. Im 28 years old, Im living in a city called Bydgoszcz.
My journey with aquariums started when I was 12 when my Grandpa bought a 50l tank. I wasnt really aware of how it should be maintaned etc.

Last month finally after moving in to my hard owned new flat I received a permission from my fiance to buy my dream tank.
So I have found used 100cm x 45 x 45 tank with two filters and cheap LED lamp that I sold and bought ADA Solar I 150W for like 80$.

I have started it 3 weeks ago. I need to add more ferns but Im waiting untill the left wood will sink and I will have more room after taking the rock away.
Anyway Im looking forward to learn how to grow plants and maintain my small piece of nature.
1C15AC8F-F459-4DD4-869C-2D697BB8AD36.jpeg

Hi everyone,
my name is Peter and Im from Poland. Im 28 years old, Im living in a city called Bydgoszcz.
My journey with aquariums started when I was 12 when my Grandpa bought a 50l tank. I wasnt really aware of how it should be maintaned etc.

Last month finally after moving in to my hard owned new flat I received a permission from my fiance to buy my dream tank.
So I have found used 100cm x 45 x 45 tank with two filters and cheap LED lamp that I sold and bought ADA Solar I 150W for like 80$.

I have started it 3 weeks ago. I need to add more ferns but Im waiting untill the left wood will sink and I will have more room after taking the rock away.
Anyway Im looking forward to learn how to grow plants and maintain my small piece of nature.
View attachment 152903
Dazza Wicker my partner who is on Facebook can give you some advice etc.:)

Looking good. Why 2 filters ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got atm 2x cheap UNIMAX 250. Will change it later to Oase but overall I followed Green aqua that recommends two filter for bigger auariums then 60p or so.

Dazza Wicker my partner who is on Facebook can give you some advice etc.:)

Thanks :)) I will post problems when they will occure. Now I know that I made a mistake with using cheap soil.. My stem plants arent growing so fast but I wasnt really aware of it and now I know.

I got atm 2x cheap UNIMAX 250. Will change it later to Oase but overall I followed Green aqua that recommends two filter for bigger auariums then 60p or so.

IMO twin filters using twin lily pipes like you have done gives a great way of getting flow in the tank with minimal pipework showing in the tank, unlike a spray bar which works well but is a big eye score in the tank. Plus with twin filters the pipework/hoses can be simple making maintenance quick and easy which is always a big plus and you can rotate there maintenance, plus if one should fail you have inbuilt redundancy.

I would be reluctant to upgrade the filters even though the combined output is only 1300Litres per hour and with a 200L tank we would normally advise a x10 filter output to tank size. Your placement of the lily pipes is excellent with great surface agitation which suggests good flow in the tank.

If you have any concerns about their output a would take a look at what filter media you have in them, as with a planted tank the need for lots of biofiltration is overkill as the biggest biofiltration you have is the roots of the plants esp as the tanks biomass increases. Plus with 50% WC the need isn't as great.

What filter media do you have in the filters

IMO twin filters using twin lily pipes like you have done gives a great way of getting flow in the tank with minimal pipework showing in the tank, unlike a spray bar which works well but is a big eye score in the tank. Plus with twin filters the pipework/hoses can be simple making maintenance quick and easy which is always a big plus and you can rotate there maintenance, plus if one should fail you have inbuilt redundancy.

I would be reluctant to upgrade the filters even though the combined output is only 1300Litres per hour and with a 200L tank we would normally advise a x10 filter output to tank size. Your placement of the lily pipes is excellent with great surface agitation which suggests good flow in the tank.

If you have any concerns about their output a would take a look at what filter media you have in them, as with a planted tank the need for lots of biofiltration is overkill as the biggest biofiltration you have is the roots of the plants esp as the tanks biomass increases. Plus with 50% WC the need isn't as great.

What filter media do you have in the filters

Zeus maybe we will move to my journal topic? I will answer there :)

Back