• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I think I need some lessons from my daughter in how to take good photographs, I`m a point and click person and the results are terrible. :( Your photos and so many others on here, the photos are crisp, clear and in focus :)

thanks mate, just play with the manual focus and some macro or portait lens.;)

10 days in,nice growth yet;

200812013600161486.jpg

Looking good @CooKieS as always. How you find the sand on such a steep slope, does it stay in place or slip to the bottom over time?

thanks!

there is an trick on this one, between the soil and the sand I added an thin filter wool all over the path section. That will avoid soil mixing with sand and it helps keeping sand in place and not slip to the bottom :)

thanks!

there is an trick on this one, between the soil and the sand I added an thin filter wool all over the path section. That will avoid soil mixing with sand and it helps keeping sand in place and not slip to the bottom :)

Sneaky! I like it! :thumbup: Did you take any photos mid construction showing that - it would be a good technique to see in action?

Unfortunately no , but you can see this technique in action in this video at around 4 minutes, enjoy :)

Nice one! I need to watch it tomorrow on my PC so I can get subtitles, but is he using liquid superglue to stick it to the hardscape?

Nice one! I need to watch it tomorrow on my PC so I can get subtitles, but is he using liquid superglue to stick it to the hardscape?

yes he uses glue to stick it to the soil under it. Honestly I didn’t make this as it was too messy and didn’t need it in the end; once the sand is on the fiter floss, it doesn’t move any further

18 days update.

no major algae, some diatoms and gsa on the glass, nothing to worry about.

Doing about 30% WC 2 times a week. Dosing liquid carbon daily.

still haven’t choose what fish to put it. Actually looking for tanychthys micagemmae as they love flow and open water. ;)

200820105803725049.jpg

Thats looking great a d i will he getting that rotala as love it. Also regarding fish the colours in that pictue would suit the fish i have so much ( Neon Blue Rasbora Sundadanio axelrodi ‘blue) i think would suit it great.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thats looking great a d i will he getting that rotala as love it. Also regarding fish the colours in that pictue would suit the fish i have so much ( Neon Blue Rasbora Sundadanio axelrodi ‘blue) i think would suit it great.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

thanks for this nice suggestion Dean, definitely looking for Sundadanio at my lfs. :)

Back