• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 3.0 Planted

SMW945

Hi, have sort of decided that I want to purchase the Fluval 3.0 as an upgrade to run alongside my current LEDs. My current LEDs I just run on a plug in timer, as does my CO2 solenoid, which works great for me due to the fact that if we have had short power cuts, and I’m not home, when it all comes back to life they still run in sync. Whilst the 3.0 I think is great for the fact you can put in light dimming at startup and shutdown, I wouldn’t necessarily want it running on the app alone if I get the power cut scenario. Is it still possible to run the 3.0 through a plug in timer and maintain the Gucci modes or do the on/off times have to be done via the app for the unit to run? I know there is another Member on here who mentioned they were going to run their stuff on a smart 4 way, I just want to use another plug in timer.

Not sure on v3 but v2 stays off after power cut. Needs profile reloading via bluetooth.

Any light that uses the Fluval app will need a reset through the app after a power cut, as the clock in the light resets to midnight. I have six of them, it can be a long job to turn them back on, as you have to reset each one individually. Would be nice if there was a global option.
I think that the sensible option is to have my stock lights running in conjunction with the Fluval so that if power cuts happen (always seems to be when I’m not around for a length of time) then there is some lighting until I can reset. I’m probably just over-thinking a problem that might not happen too often but these smart lighting systems are all well and good until something happens. I like stuff simple, but I do like the look of the Fluval 3s too

I have two tanks that are each wearing two Fluval 3s in my office. The problem that I have had that power does not have to be off long to require a reset and I may not be aware that the power has been out. The CO2, filters, and Twinstar lights I have set-up to control remotely but I haven't figure out a way to be alerted to a short power outage and to reset the Fluvals remotely.

Post-Script: I have thought about adding a UPS for both tanks but to get ones doubles the cost of the lighting and they won't fit in the stands.

I have two tanks that are each wearing two Fluval 3s in my office. The problem that I have had that power does not have to be off long to require a reset and I may not be aware that the power has been out. The CO2, filters, and Twinstar lights I have set-up to control remotely but I haven't figure out a way to be alerted to a short power outage and to reset the Fluvals remotely.

Post-Script: I have thought about adding a UPS for both tanks but to get ones doubles the cost of the lighting and they won't fit in the stands.
It would be just nice to know if it all goes off at the same time it could all come back on at the same time too without thinking about it. I don’t really want CO2 switching back on without the lights. Just a waste of CO2

Yikes...not OP, but this never occurred to me until you mentioned it. I learn so much on this forum, but it stings to learn that most of the kit I bought before joining was not money well spent. :oops:
I think it’s ok as long as there’s a backup plan. I shall keep the stock lighting going also to cover eventualities which hopefully won’t happen to often anyway

I think it’s ok as long as there’s a backup plan. I shall keep the stock lighting going also to cover eventualities which hopefully won’t happen to often anyway

Sadly for me there is no "stock lighting"- the tanks (all eight of them!) are custom rimless. I won't hijack your thread any further, though, just filing that away as "another lesson learned, glad I didn't learn it when my livestock died".

Back